Give me reasons to continue watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Xarsah16, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Xarsah16
    OP

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I'm at season 6 currently, 2 episodes away from the end.

I feel like I'm rage quitting - and that Joss Whedon needs to fuck a cactus.

Is it me, or did everything just happen way too damn quickly? I'll be summarizing main points in case it's been awhile.

Season 5 midway, we lost Buffy's mother, Joyce. It's severely complicated by Dawn's presence. Buffy is forced into that adult role and it's time to buck up and move on.

End of the season - Buffy dies. Again. For realz this time. Willow has gotten addicted to magic and rips Buffy out of the afterlife. Buffy isn't the same old Buff.

Season 6 - Anyanka left on the altar, with Xander nowhere to be found, wedding and relationship called completely off.
    Season 6 - Buffy is rebounding and bonking Spike, which turns into a nightmare, and then Spike shags Anya.
    Season 6 - Tara dies, Willow goes berserk. Buffy is critically shot but stabilizes.

So much death. Too much shit to deal with. So much darkness. It's killing me inside. What do you think?

Not only that, but I accidentally read on the Wiki that Giles dies, but right now he's still in the UK.

Do the surviving characters ever catch a break? I'd like reasons to continue watching. With most of the crew MIA though, it just seems like the show is stalling.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Never paid attention to the show myself but since when is lots of things happening a bad thing?

Also if mortals are to the fight the legions of the underworld and often by unsavoury means isn't death, unpleasantness and more to be expected (there is no good, there is no winning, only surving)? In short if you want fairy tales well too bad, they do not exist.

Reasons.... it gives more context to Angel perhaps?

3. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    why? because season 7 is the best season!
    j/k I can't actually remember. But if you don't watch it, you'll always wonder what happened in that last season.
    Who am I kidding, you'll watch it anyway

raulpica likes this.
  4. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Primary reason to watch Buffy: Willow's tasty.

Depravo likes this.
  5. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Uh, if you dont like something, you shouldnt have to bargain with yourself to like it... You dont like it, then dont watch it. Simple as that.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Stick with Firefly. There's no bad season!

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Slamicite and BortzANATOR like this.
  7. Icealote

Icealote My Winter...

Sep 2, 2008
    Sydney
    So long ago since I followed this when it was aired on tv.
    Just watch it through, you won't be satisfied by the way the whole series end.
    If you also watched Angel (to me was a spinoff) that also ended terribly sigh

From memory, oh I loathed Dawn. Stupid as lol

8. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey
    Wish I had the ability to stop watching shows. Once I start a show or movie I feel like I absolutely have to finish it and can't just leave it alone. The only TV show I ever stopped completely watching is Ultimate Spider-Man. I watched the entire season 1 and all the ending gave me was even more sadness that Spectacular Spider-Man was cancelled for it.