give me a f'ing break with Zing!! (dragon quest 9 )

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by quezcotl, Jul 15, 2010.

1. quezcotl
    OP

Member quezcotl GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    so im at this boss Godwryn and I kicked his ass, then he comes back and starts doing 2x attacks which both crits and my priest goes down.

then I threw zing for 7 rounds without working, 7 fucking times.

WTF?!

I'm so tired of these japanese jrpg's (I think) im in the last dungeon already beated 3 bosses in a row and now stuck at the 4th, who the F thinks this is funny?
    Whats the point? should I powerlevel now?
    Nah, this fucking sucks, once again a jrpg add some retarded tough bosses to make you get stuck and add 5-10 hours in powerleveling.
    Thats why western rpgs are superior, Mass Effect 1 & 2 on insanity isnt "hard" its a challenge, but having random working shit spells like "zing" with 4 bosses in a row that gets 2x attacks that might critical kill your both healers... yeah, thats really fair.
    Then take half my money - thanks!

Mayby im getting too old, mayby you shouldnt play jrpg's in your 20's they are obviously made for getting you stuck and forcing powerleveling on your for hours with lame cheesy bosses towards the end.

2. Puppy_Washer

Member Puppy_Washer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Go do some sidequests, or have some fun with alchemy for better equipment. This has solved every boss fight for me.

3. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Wait until you get Kazing and bank any excess cash.

4. quezcotl
    OP

Sweden
    I got the boss today, it wasnt the "last" there is one left.

I bought some new gear+ leveled up 2 levels and it worked out fine, boss still cheaply critical killed my priest twice in the fight [​IMG] but I won this time.

5. Kingfield

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Wow you really need to take a chill pill. Just a game bro

6. quezcotl
    OP

Sweden
    "just a game".

love when people say that, I just said why im pissed off.

Wasting 5+ hours just to grind out the 4th boss in a row?
    Its lame, its disgusting and if jrpg's keep doing this - im done.
    And don't tell me im the noob here, why make it so that I can crush 3 bosses in a row to get stuck on the 4th?
    whats the reasoning here? and even though I crushed them, they was annoying and not even fun to face, just 1hit kill and debuff my party for 3 fights.

you think im like the hulk? that I throw my nds and curse at the games I play?

but this shit has to stop, bosses who might critical kill 2 guys in one attack, and then spells which "randomly work".

As I said, this is a Japanese thing and they doesnt bother if they crap on their players or not.

7. HouQuan1031

Newcomer HouQuan1031 Member

Australia
    if you've got a problem with japanese games then dont play em

8. Overman1977

Member Overman1977 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ah, the oh so clever response of name calling......

9. quezcotl
    OP

Sweden

10. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Welcome to the world of progression difficulties, it happens a lot actually. I recall Dragon Warrior 2 on the Gameboy pissing me off to no end, I was at the last area and my characters were like level 40 or something and I was trying to grind it out to kill the enemies in the last area before the final boss and they would pretty much steam roll my party. Dealing with 4 Arcdemon's and a couple of healers sucked because they all cast Kaboom and would wipe out my party even with massive heals going on.