CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
all i hear on here is when is the 3DS going to be hacked for the love of god the system has only been out a month. How long has the DSI been out and it's not even fully hacked yet what alomst 2years now. For all you know this system might be more secured than the ps3 for all we know, and that took almost 4years to hack and right now it's back at square one with 3.60. Nintendo has been geting hit with piracy for years you dont think they didnt do there homework and found a way to stop the hackers for a while. i know it will be hacked but it night not be several months or even a couple of years until we see a 3DS game dumped let alone playing backups, and you can forget about flashcarts i dont think nintendo is going to let what happen to the DS happen to the 3DS if there is a hack it's going to be custom firmware or some other exploit.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I for one am tired of people saying how secure the PS3 was. IT WASN'T SECURE AT ALL The reason it took so long was because people DIDN'T WANT TO HACK IT once people wanted to it only took a few months. People only started hacking it properly AFTER OTHEROS WAS REMOVED. the first couple of years doesn't count because nobody tried.

[edit] I don't want the 3DS to be hacked at all [/edit]

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
spinal_cord said:
I for one am tired of people saying how secure the PS3 was. IT WASN'T SECURE AT ALL The reason it took so long was because people DIDN'T WANT TO HACK IT once people wanted to it only took a few months. People only started hacking it properly AFTER OTHEROS WAS REMOVED. the first couple of years doesn't count because nobody tried.

Correct! It's even been said that the PS3 actually was the LEAST secured system of them all! The Ps3 costed alot of money and with Linux you hade the homebrew. So they personally didn't need to hack it until OtherOS was gone.

About the 3DS, its most likely to be opened up. Its a system with a new fancy feature, the 3d-without-glasses!
I for one would love too see homebrew 3ds games, like faceraiders!
biggrin.gif

Offtopic: I think mod/admin should close this thread since its a flaimbait

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this really need a thread? This "debate" has been had many times in many threads and there's something you should all know:
The 3DS is not the DSi.
The DSi was a system that didn't need to be hacked, because there were flashcarts for homebrew and such.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CJL18 said:
all i hear on here is when is the 3DS going to be hacked for the love of god the system has only been out a month. How long has the DSI been out and it's not even fully hacked yet what alomst 2years now. For all you know this system might be more secured than the ps3 for all we know, and that took almost 4years to hack and right now it's back at square one with 3.60. Nintendo has been geting hit with piracy for years you dont think they didnt do there homework and found a way to stop the hackers for a while. i know it will be hacked but it night not be several months or even a couple of years until we see a 3DS game dumped let alone playing backups, and you can forget about flashcarts i dont think nintendo is going to let what happen to the DS happen to the 3DS if there is a hack it's going to be custom firmware or some other exploit.

tl;dr

Welcome to GBAtemp. We talk about all the ROMs we've downloaded and discuss games when they're dumped for us pirates to download. We use flashcards, and we're very open about talking about that stuff. We're pro-flashcard on this site.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You should read over what you post.
I know most people don't, but you almost need to if you're trying to be taken seriously.

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
only one advice for ppl: carpe diem ! enjoy the games you have and those that are coming soon (including all those big well known titles...)
you will have enough time of fun on your 3ds without having to worried about when it will be hack.

LDE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want the 3DS to be hacked but if possible to hold off on dumping ROMs until maybe a year or two. I haven't met someone who wants region lock for their 3DS and if anything hope there will be a hack to disable the region lock but not to download ROMs yet, I'm happy to wait but if it could come sooner then I don't mind.

Bazhard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
spinal_cord said:

Correct! It's even been said that the PS3 actually was the LEAST secured system of them all! The Ps3 costed alot of money and with Linux you hade the homebrew. So they personally didn't need to hack it until OtherOS was gone.

About the 3DS, its most likely to be opened up. Its a system with a new fancy feature, the 3d-without-glasses!
biggrin.gif

Actually people were trying to hack it since launch they just couldn't do it because it was secure and they sucked, then geohotz stepped in and hacked it in no time.

it's a matter of who has the skills to do it and if they want to do it, you think people haven't been trying to hack the 3ds since it launched in japan? you are kidding yourself.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Bazhard said:
Actually people were trying to hack it since launch they just couldn't do it because it was secure and they sucked, then geohotz stepped in and hacked it in no time.
Where'd you hear that?

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Bazhard said:
Where'd you hear that?

Probably expressed the idea wrong, geohotz did not "step in." rather, he most likely has been looking for exploits since the launch and/or removal of otherOS

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The reason that everyone keeps bringing it up is because when the clever people broke the DS' security, it was then taken by companies and turned into flash carts so that anyone, even 12 year olds can pirate games. Because of this we now have a load of young people and/or people undereducated about true hacking that just wouldn't even have the first clue about how to break a security system.

So this has now lead to a large number of people believing that hacking is just putting a special cartridge into the ds and it works straight away. Hence the number of topics that pop up saying "The 3DS has wifi, I think we can connect to wifi and send a special code and that will open debug mode" simply because they're stringing together the only technical terms they've heard about what is really involved in breaking security.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Bazhard said:
linuxares said:
spinal_cord said:

biggrin.gif

it's a matter of who has the skills to do it and if they want to do it, you think people haven't been trying to hack the 3ds since it launched in japan? you are kidding yourself.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:

They didn't want to hack it because it was secured. People tried then gave up until finally a vulnerability was found. It just felt that "nobody tried" because...well, no one made progress, simple as that.

My point it, didn't want to probably didn't come out as it was intended too (at least I think?)

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unsure on which side I'm on with this one, I want to pirate on the 3DS and I know its hackable, nothing is UN-hackable. (READ: Apple and their silly bootroms.).

But I don't want to hack it too early. Just because I buy most of the games I pirate doesn't mean the Joe next to me will, and shovelware is flooding the market right now, along with casual gaming material as a whole. I don't want to pay $250+ just to fly a jetpack across an island or play bloody angry birds. IMO shovelware has been killing the market, not piracy.
unsure.gif

"You can't make turd polish out of crapola."

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
I'm unsure on which side I'm on with this one, I want to pirate on the 3DS and I know its hackable, nothing is UN-hackable. (READ: Apple and their silly bootroms.).

But I don't want to hack it too early. Just because I buy most of the games I pirate doesn't mean the Joe next to me will, and shovelware is flooding the market right now, along with casual gaming material as a whole. I don't want to pay $250+ just to fly a jetpack across an island or play bloody angry birds. IMO shovelware has been killing the market, not piracy.
unsure.gif

"You can't make turd polish out of crapola."
But shovelware has been around as long as gaming itself has....look back at the NES era...

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
But shovelware has been around as long as gaming itself has....look back at the NES era...

True, but can you say it was as rampant and demanded as it was now, or were they trying to be truly innovative across an almost infinite-possibility plain? Something modern shovelware lacks IMO...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey