serenia123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Went to update for SMAS3D.

Downloaded AMS 10.14.4, merged into current Atmosphere folder.
Downloaded Sig patches for AMS 0.14.4 and cfw 10.2, merged them into the current Atmosphere folder.

Downloaded FW 10.2.0 onto the SD card, ready to install via CD last.

I also put in fusee primary

I can't remember doing anything differently this time, but it seems to crash.

Payload launches -> AMS, hekate menu gives:

CFW - sysMMC, goes to black screen, doesn't respond without resetting the switch and the payload injector.

CFW - emuMMC - get message: "emu is forced but not enabled. Failed to launch HOS!"

I finally have some down time to enjoy over the next few days. Last time I messed this up, I had to wipe all my saved games.

Any ideas?

With thanks

serenia123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Launch with fusee primary, not Hekate.
Hey, thanks for the reply.
When I do that (from hekate, launch a payload), it goes to a black screen too.

I also tried this: I changed the hakate.ip file to set emu force=0, but now when i boot emuMMC, it doesn't give that message, and just goes to a black screen.

I'm wondering if I installed the sig patches incorrectly?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went to update for SMAS3D.

Downloaded AMS 10.14.4, merged into current Atmosphere folder.
Downloaded Sig patches for AMS 0.14.4 and cfw 10.2, merged them into the current Atmosphere folder.

Downloaded FW 10.2.0 onto the SD card, ready to install via CD last.

I also put in fusee primary

I can't remember doing anything differently this time, but it seems to crash.

Payload launches -> AMS, hekate menu gives:

CFW - sysMMC, goes to black screen, doesn't respond without resetting the switch and the payload injector.

CFW - emuMMC - get message: "emu is forced but not enabled. Failed to launch HOS!"

I finally have some down time to enjoy over the next few days. Last time I messed this up, I had to wipe all my saved games.

Any ideas?

With thanks
How is the SD card formatted? And there are two different sets of patches depending on which bootloader you are using. There is one for Hekate and one for Fusee.

serenia123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How is the SD card formatted? And there are two different sets of patches depending on which bootloader you are using. There is one for Hekate and one for Fusee.
I've attached a photo below. When I merged the new downloaded files, I replaced the old. The old atmospher folders there are from previous updates, not this one. Thanks
upload_2020-9-18_23-20-59.png

upload_2020-9-18_23-21-22.png

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Lacius

serenia123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The pictures don't answer my questions. In fact, you should't have old versions of Atmosphere on your SD card at all.
Fat32.
I downloaded from this link, which says it will launch fusee primary when launched through hekate.
gbatemp.net/threads
/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat32.
I downloaded from this link, which says it will launch fusee primary when launched through hekate.
gbatemp.net/threads
/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/
No what you downloaded are patches when you launch with fusee primary. The patches do NOT change how you launch your CFW which based on your description implies you are using Hekate, not fusee.

serenia123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No what you downloaded are patches when you launch with fusee primary. The patches do NOT change how you launch your CFW which based on your description implies you are using Hekate, not fusee.
Ah gotcha. So I downloaded the sig patches for hekate. But now instead of a grey black screen, I'm getting a dark black screen (off), instead, for each boot option.
EDIT: I turned back on the hekateip file EMUCC forced=1, and am now back at "emuCC is forced but not enabled."
Any direction from here?

Last edited by serenia123,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah gotcha. So I downloaded the sig patches for hekate. But now instead of a grey black screen, I'm getting a dark black screen (off), instead, for each boot option.
EDIT: I turned back on the hekateip file EMUCC forced=1, and am now back at "emuCC is forced but not enabled."
Any direction from here?
The patches are unrelated to your issue of launching CFW as their only purpose is to install and play backups. Also the error is pretty self-explanatory. Lastly, stop using the term "sigpatches". There is no such thing as "sig patches".

serenia123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The patches are unrelated to your issue of launching CFW as their only purpose is to install and play backups. Also the error is pretty self-explanatory. Lastly, stop using the term "sigpatches". There is no such thing as "sig patches".
I don't think the error is self-explanatory. There is no option in Hekate to enable emucc. Do you have any guidance as to what I should do to fix this?
My switch was functioning fine, but after updating those files I wrote above, it stopped working.
sigpatches seem to be a thing from this thread and faq, which is why I used the term:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-updater-update-your-sigpatches-from-your-switch.573546/
Thank you

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the error is self-explanatory. There is no option in Hekate to enable emucc. Do you have any guidance as to what I should do to fix this?
My switch was functioning fine, but after updating those files I wrote above, it stopped working.
sigpatches seem to be a thing from this thread and faq, which is why I used the term:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-updater-update-your-sigpatches-from-your-switch.573546/
Thank you
So you're just ignoring the emuMMC option on the Hekate home screen? And "sig patches" is just a catch-all generic term for ES and FS patches. Its like saying that by hacking the Switch, you are "jailbreaking" it.

serenia123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So you're just ignoring the emuMMC option on the Hekate home screen? And "sig patches" is just a catch-all generic term for ES and FS patches. Its like saying that by hacking the Switch, you are "jailbreaking" it.
I thought this might be the case, however I am out of space of the SD card. I can't seem to free up any room on the SD via PC (all the room is taken up by games in the Nintendo file, which I can't see.)
I also can't load the stockNAND, this just goes to a black screen.
Any ideas of how to make room on the SD card?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this might be the case, however I am out of space of the SD card. I can't seem to free up any room on the SD via PC (all the room is taken up by games in the Nintendo file, which I can't see.)
I also can't load the stockNAND, this just goes to a black screen.
Any ideas of how to make room on the SD card?
By uninstalling games.

serenia123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You don't have to launch Hekate to use the console.
Got it, I managed to to get it back into the console and made space. Enabled emuMMC. Now when I boot with emuMMC, and even sysMMC, I get a bright yellow (not orange) screen of death.
Not sure where to go from here. Try to wipe the system and start all over again?
EDIT: Switch boots fine without CFW. Only booting through Hekate takes me to the yellow screen.

Last edited by serenia123,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it, I managed to to get it back into the console and made space. Enabled emuMMC. Now when I boot with emuMMC, and even sysMMC, I get a bright yellow (not orange) screen of death.
Not sure where to go from here. Try to wipe the system and start all over again?
EDIT: Switch boots fine without CFW. Only booting through Hekate takes me to the yellow screen.
Try starting fresh with your SD card. Backup your Nintendo folder and any mods you have in your atmosphere folder then download the latest setup from where you usually get it from.

Reactions: serenia123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1