GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>Boy
>Girl Scouts

...perfect sense, this makes.
(That's assuming joining Scouts makes sense to begin with)
It seems you've some sort of issue with trans-people. Go read my blog, Sheimi's or Mirby's, maybe you'll get a remote idea of what we go through.

...are you "a bit slow in the head"? It's a 12-year old - it's not a trans-person, it's a child that's being hurt by his parents. He's very much a boy, identifies himself as a boy, he's just bullied by other boys so his retarded parents decided that the best cure would be to put him in a group of *girl* scouts. You know, because he's not ridiculed enough.

Are you a moron or did you just miss the entire article?
Try this, READ THE ARTICLE and THEN comment on it.

I can't believe I need to explain that to someone.

You can argue that his mom ENABLES his behavior, but the article very, very clearly states he does NOT act like a boy.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
He reffers to himself as a boy - he does not have a mentality of a girl, he just likes "girls stuff". That does not make him feminene, that makes him weird. You're mixing two different things - tastes in games, shows and clothing and *psychology*.

A 12-year old has no concept of sexuality yet - he cannot be transgender simply because he does not comperhend the meaning behind it. He is just enabled by his parents to act in an unfitting pattern, which is somewhat hurting the poor lad. The boy simply developed an interest when he was 2 years old and his parents did nothing to explain what's wrong about it to him, thus he grew up to be a bit abnormal. If it's anyone's fault, blame the parents.

...unless you're trying to tell me that he had developed his sexual orientation at the age of 2?

rage_faces_by_shishywonka-d3h8ga4.png

Perhaps you are the one who should re-read the article. The *source* article, not the excerpts.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Colorado 7-year-old Bobby Montoya wants what most little girls want: Dolls, My Little Pony figures and to join the Girl Scouts.
But there’s one problem: Bobby's a boy.
He said he wants to follow his sister in joining the group, but when a troop leader said it wouldn’t work out, the rejection left him devastated.
Bobby, who said he’s been bullied for looking and dressing like a girl, told KUSA-TV: 'It's hurting my heart. It hurts me and my mom both.'
His mother, Felisha Archuleta, said she allows Bobby to dress and behave how he wants to be.
Ms Archuleta told KUSA: "He's been doing this since he was about 2 years old. He's loved girl stuff, so we just let him dress how he wants.'
She added: 'As long as he's happy.'
But when she tried to sign Bobby up for Girl Scouts, she was rebuffed, and told that they couldn't let him in because he wasn't a girl.
Ms Archuleta said she was told by a troop leader that 'It doesn't matter how he looks, he has boy parts, he can't be in Girl Scouts.'
The troop leader added that she didn’t want to get into trouble by parents or her Girl Scouts supervisor.
But today, the Girl Scouts of Colorado said it made a mistake when it rejected Bobby’s application to join.The Girl Scouts issued a statement to KUSA saying that a worker unfamiliar with the group's policies gave Bobby’s family wrong information.
In a statement, the group said: 'If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout.

Bolded the parts for you to...read.
You can...read, right?

I don't give a fuck if he's transgendered or not. I really don't. I don't care if you think he is or isn't I don't care if a professional tells me he is or isn't, i don't care if a dragon invades my home, rips me in half and shits the truth that Bobby isn't transgendered down my mangled corpse. That isn't the point, it isn't the topic, and it isn't anywhere in these posts, relevant.
Bobby apparently (and you can't say otherwise because you don't know SHIT about him) looks like a girl, dresses like a girl, does girl things, and likely PREFERS being around girls.
Sounds like a girlscout to me. I don't care if he has a tiny little 7 year old penis, and clearly neither does the Girl Scouts. Only ignorant morons seem to care, actually.

Like I said, you can argue that his mom shouldn't enable her son to act in this way, that she should tell him no and not let him do it.
But the magic of this is, if he's transgendered, he'll keep doing what he's doing. If he isn't, he'll eventually drop the girl act and grow into being a male. He's 7, who cares right now. Just let him be.
Again though, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Girls Scouts, nor him being allowed to participate in them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bolded the parts for you to...read.
You can...read, right?

I don't give a fuck if he's transgendered or not. I really don't. I don't care if you think he is or isn't I don't care if a professional tells me he is or isn't, i don't care if a dragon invades my home, rips me in half and shits the truth that Bobby isn't transgendered down my mangled corpse. That isn't the point, it isn't the topic, and it isn't anywhere in these posts, relevant.
Bobby apparently (and you can't say otherwise because you don't know SHIT about him) looks like a girl, dresses like a girl, does girl things, and likely PREFERS being around girls.
Sounds like a girlscout to me. I don't care if he has a tiny little 7 year old penis, and clearly neither does the Girl Scouts. Only ignorant morons seem to care, actually.

Like I said, you can argue that his mom shouldn't enable her son to act in this way, that she should tell him no and not let him do it.
But the magic of this is, if he's transgendered, he'll keep doing what he's doing. If he isn't, he'll eventually drop the girl act and grow into being a male. He's 7, who cares right now. Just let him be.
Again though, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Girls Scouts, nor him being allowed to participate in them.

Oh, excuse me for writing his age wrong, I'm not sure where that came from, I suppose I was just tired in the middle of the night. Anything else?

I will let your clear attempts at offending me slide, just because you don't seem to know much of what you're talking about or what was my point.

You seem to be an incredibly angry person, you're also quick to pull out the profanities and I'm not sure why. Your assumption that "if he's not transgender, he will stop" is also false, and I will briefly explain to you why.

"It's in my D.N.A, I'm Gay!" and similar slogans are bogus, it's been shown in countless scientific tests that there is nothing inherently related to sexuality in the human genome. This leads to an obvious conclusion - sexuality is something a human being develops. Now that this is established, let's dwell in a bit further.

There are numerous theories about human development, but most scientists believe that a human being learns thanks to the art of mimicry. As children, we select role models and mimic their behaviour - which is a notion comming straight from Behaviorism. It's not THAT easy though, role models are also derrived from what we experience and see outside the family unit - in television, on the internet, in school. A child is almost like a metaphorical sponge - it sucks up behavioral patterns. Those patterns are later expressed, and much like in the animal kingdom, humans learn whether certain patterns are correct or not using a simple system of rewards and punishments. I'm not talking about corporal punishment, god forbid - there are different ways in which parents may convey a message.

Thing is, a message stating "you are acting wrong" can only be accepted by a person early in development and from a person who is conscidered an authority by the child in question. You don't just have to be a parent to tell your child what's a right pattern and what's not - you also have to be an authority.

And here we have Bobby - Bobby who at the age of 2 decided that he will start mimicing behavioral patterns of the opposite sex rather than his own, since as a child he knows no better. Afterall, according to Behaviorism, we are born as blank slates with nothing coded in us other then primal instincts of survival. His mother chose not to correct this "mistake", in fact, by not acknowledging the problem, she also lost a little bit of the authority. Bobby was left to be his own boss.

The tendency grew, and now Bobby not only likes "girl toys", he also dresses like girls and acts like girls - that is now his fancy. He also reached a certain age (in most cases it's the age of 7) where the acquisition of behavioral patterns slows down dramatically and is replaced by acquisition of "useful knowledge". The patterns turned into habbits and his likes, previously acquired, now are his personal and most likely unchangable. He will always fancy women's clothing to a certain extent because that is what was coded in his mind as accepted since he was a child.

Obviously, when he was 2, 3, 4 or 5, nobody bullied him for it - who would bully him in his own family. Now, he's facing a different, school envioriment where behaviour accepted by his mother is not accepted by his group. Bobby naturally seeks a social unit that will accept him and his traits, and he found one - girls themselves.

His primal instincts tell him to stay with people who share his traits to enhance his chances of "survival", in the metaphorical sense. He desires to be accepted. (from Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs).

He will *not* stop being girly just because he'll "grow out of it", deep down he is now a different "apple". Let's say that girls are oranges and boys are apples - you can paint an apple orange, you can spray an orange-like scent on it, you can shape it like an orange and from a distance you may be decieved that it is in fact an orange, but deep down it is an apple and it belongs in the apple basket.

I bolded the smart and important words you'd already know if you studied the subject, for example at University, like one of us. Hint - not you.

Bobby is no longer an "apple-like" apple, he's an "orange-like" apple, however, an apple nonetheless. He doesn't deserve ridicule or bullying, by no means! He is different though, and it's worth to understand why. Do you understand the message I am trying to convey here?

It's not too late for Bobby's parents to grab the reins of responsibility and do something about it, but it soon will be. The kid's not "7 and a girl trapped in a boy's body", he's "7 and confused", and his parent should do, to the best of their abilities, all they can to help him in his situation rather than encourage and do whatever it takes to "keep him happy". Life isn't that simple, as one of the comments says on the source site, "Sometimes we're not happy" that is how life works. If kicking puppies would make the child happy, I'm pretty sure the reaction would be different. It seems this situation has no victims, but it does - the victim is Bobby. His parents are supposed to raise him, not please him.

PS: I don't have to "know shit" about Bobby to analyze his case.

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
He reffers to himself as a boy - he does not have a mentality of a girl, he just likes "girls stuff". That does not make him feminene, that makes him weird. You're mixing two different things - tastes in games, shows and clothing and *psychology*. A 12-year old has no concept of sexuality yet - he cannot be transgender simply because he does not comperhend the meaning behind it. He is just enabled by his parents to act in an unfitting pattern, which is somewhat hurting the poor lad. The boy simply developed an interest when he was 2 years old and his parents did nothing to explain what's wrong about it to him, thus he grew up to be a bit abnormal. If it's anyone's fault, blame the parents. ...unless you're trying to tell me that he had developed his sexual orientation at the age of 2?
rage_faces_by_shishywonka-d3h8ga4.png
Perhaps you are the one who should re-read the article. The *source* article, not the excerpts.
I'm not going to even try to read your later wall of text, but just wanted to point that sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender.

Cheers from Canada

Edit: Now I actually did read it. Regardless of the validity of your points, you're an asshole >.>

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading some of the posts here and seeing where the conversation has gone, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not "smart" enough to have an opinion on this topic...
So I'll just say, welcome to now and good luck with later.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna is right sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender.

Well, no it doesn't. But its illogical to say that he has a grasp of his sexuality at that young of an age. Maybe he is a bit more "sensitive", getting in touch with his feminine side? That's what it looks like to me. Plus, he gets to hang out with more girls which may help him later in life (if you know what I mean :creep:).

JK. But seriously, let the kid have his fun. He wants to bake cookies and do other girl scout things, so?

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Some people do have a grasp of their sexuality and feeling of their gender at that age or even a little younger. Does he, I don't know, but nonetheless you're right leave the kid alone he's not hurting anyone.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Edit: Now I actually did read it. Regardless of the validity of your points, you're an asshole >.>

I'm sorry if I came across that way. It's by no means a speech of hatered againts people of non-heterosexual orientation or transgender, what I was trying to establish was that a human being is born with no sexual and gender identity whatsoever. I can see how my words might've been misconstrued and I apologize for that, hence this little little clarification.

I don't think it was that much of a wall of text, I tried to divide it into meaningful paragraphs. Studies like this simply can't be compressed, it's a very complex subject and I only explained it briefly anyways.

Also, "Gender" and "Sexuality" are not mutually exclusive - those concepts interlink with eachother on many levels and it's always more sensible to talk about both at the same time rather than trying to artificially separate them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.