Girls Scouts say yes to the BOY who wants to join them

Crimson Ghoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't see why people care so much about gender and sexuality. We are all just animals. and +1 on United Scouts of America. One organization is enough and with more women, maybe the boys stop getting touched. One's freedoms end where another's freedom begins.

Agree with all but bolded, how wrong are you and how so, so much more are we my fellow temper. Let's start not putting any clothes and eating raw meat with our bare hands. First class flesh hunted by our own skills decimating the clan next door/cavern. Ohh so sexy our glorious bodies covered with crusts of our own poo and pee from last night snooze.. Just like animals would do. :P
Do you agree we are products of evolution or do you believe in creationism?
Also, we are much more violent than any other animal on this planet. We may be clothed and educated, but we fight with no mercy and we kill and destroy with no remorse. I'm sorry but that seems animalistic to me

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In my country there's just scouts, I used to be one of them (before being kicked out) >.<
Both boys and girls can join, I never understood why there's different types of scouts in the US. =S

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still don't see why people care so much about gender and sexuality. We are all just animals. and +1 on United Scouts of America. One organization is enough and with more women, maybe the boys stop getting touched. One's freedoms end where another's freedom begins.

Agree with all but bolded, how wrong are you and how so, so much more are we my fellow temper. Let's start not putting any clothes and eating raw meat with our bare hands. First class flesh hunted by our own skills decimating the clan next door/cavern. Ohh so sexy our glorious bodies covered with crusts of our own poo and pee from last night snooze.. Just like animals would do. :P
Also, we are much more violent than any other animal on this planet. We may be clothed and educated, but we fight with no mercy and we kill and destroy with no remorse. I'm sorry but that seems animalistic to me
Creationism for my belief. Sky's the limit about how much cruelty can mankind display and that is a given, sadly! Animals only follow instincts of their nature while we do things purposely, and it is precisely that self-consciousness and morale codes making Us much, much more than animals. CIVILIZED, with flexible laws and rights unlike animals.
(It's hell late for me so am off to sleep, now 4 am almost . Bye the Temp! ZzzZz. :tpi: )

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Being cruel/sadistic/etc are not traits that define an animal.
Animals don't go out a glutinously kill other animals if there isn't any need. If an animal is hungry, it'll find food. Animals act on instinct and self-preservation. Often, humans act on neither (unless put into a situation of dire need, but even then).
A big thing that sets us apart from animals is that we can live with order and rule. That's essentially one of the biggest ways to forfeit your humanity IMO. If a person cannot live within the law, they forfeit their right to be labeled a human. To different degrees of course. I'm not going to say someone in jail for petty theft is an inhumane beast like the rapist he's sharing a cell with.
We aren't animals, in the technical sense. We are civilized beings, and that is why we are capable of committing atrocities against nature. It is not typical "animal" behavior to actually do this.
^reply

I think that this could be a little awkward for the girls.

I doubt it. If the boy looks like a girl, acts like a girl, and enjoys things a girl likes...I doubt they'll care too much.
Girls don't care about cooties too much these days.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's good the Girl Scouts accepted the child. I think every would-be parent better be prepared to be accepting and loving of this behavior because it's natural and has always existed. However, I also believe it's the responsibility of the parent to make the child very aware that not everyone is understanding and compassionate, thus I would add to the responsibility list that the child should be enrolled in a self defense class.

Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will never unify because "Boy Scouts" is Jesus based and "Girl Scouts" is cookie based. I'm sure some mod will find this offensive and will absolutely destroy my post, THUS making me look like a jerk who said something bad but OH WELL, that's the scorched earth policy I must abide

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

>You must either believe in creationism or evolution
Enjoy your sad miserable life of absolutes.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
It's good the Girl Scouts accepted the child. I think every would-be parent better be prepared to be accepting and loving of this behavior because it's natural and has always existed. However, I also believe it's the responsibility of the parent to make the child very aware that not everyone is understanding and compassionate, thus I would add to the responsibility list that the child should be enrolled in a self defense class.

Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will never unify because "Boy Scouts" is Jesus based and "Girl Scouts" is cookie based. I'm sure some mod will find this offensive and will absolutely destroy my post, THUS making me look like a jerk who said something bad but OH WELL, that's the scorched earth policy I must abide
As an ex-member of the Boy Scouts, I see nothing wrong with your post.

Crimson Ghoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I actually believe in Alien intervention lol and I don't mean to bash your views. Some people believe in Creationism. I used to, I just barely got convinced from it.
Also, he does look like a girl. As long as he doesn't go switching sides in the middle of the game the girls should be fine

Also, animals do it out of necessity. We do it out of hatred. Making our violence much much worse. :(
Why can't we all just get along

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Boy Scouts are dumb anyway. From what I've heard, it's a giant bigoted organization.

I'd join the Girl Scouts if I could get some free cookies. Those cookies are like goddamn crack cocaine.
Yes, the cookies are addicting. :D

Nah, I don't like their cookies that much, too sweet for me.

Anyways, if a guy wants to join girl scouts, let him be, it's his choice. Not saying I personally approve of a guy joining girl scouts, but I don't oppose it either. I see no reason why he shouldn't, if he wants to.

Either way, I, myself, would never join any type of (Insert Gender Here) Scouts. They seem boring.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

I actually believe in Alien intervention lol and I don't mean to bash your views. Some people believe in Creationism. I used to, I just barely got convinced from it.
Also, he does look like a girl. As long as he doesn't go switching sides in the middle of the game the girls should be fine

Also, animals do it out of necessity. We do it out of hatred. Making our violence much much worse. :(
Why can't we all just get along
Haha, no need to respect Christianity around me. Not my thing.

And I reckon you're right about the violence bit.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I hate how when someone's sexually is questioned you guys ALWAYS revert to religion. Like WTF?
Because there's always one person who has to bring it up, even when it's completely unrelated. Midna took what Crimson Ghoul said out of context, and just...Ugh. I wish people would stop creating utterly stupid topics like this. Yeah, people are allowed to post off-topic stuff, but half the shit posted is stupid discriminatory related stuff that just ends up causing a flamewar in the end.

EDIT: Wahey! 2000 posts.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate how when someone's sexually is questioned you guys ALWAYS revert to religion. Like WTF?
Because there's always one person who has to bring it up, even when it's completely unrelated. Midna took what Crimson Ghoul said out of context, and just...Ugh. I wish people would stop creating utterly stupid topics like this. Yeah, people are allowed to post off-topic stuff, but half the shit posted is stupid discriminatory related stuff that just ends up causing a flamewar in the end.

EDIT: Wahey! 2000 posts.

Congrats. :)

I just hate how we are talking about girl scouts and then some tool starts talking about creationism vs. evolution? SO MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD. STOP HIJACKING THESE THREADS.

Being off-topic is one thing, but trying to incite a flame war is another.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny how whenever I start learning about something, bam, that shit shows up everywhere. No matter what, it always happens when I'm truly learning about or immersing myself into something for the first time. I don't even think it's because I wasn't looking for it before. Seriously, weird. Anyways, let's get on topic here before I tangent this into an abyss.

First off, good for the kid. Whether Bobby identifies as a boy or a girl shouldn't matter. I went to a GSA meeting for the GSA at my school the other day (Gay Straight Alliance for those that are unaware). I mostly went to support my buddy because she asked me to be there. There was also going to be a guest speaker there, so I figured I should be extra supportive and such so that her speaker had a bigger audience. I was only one of two guys there, the other also being my buddy's buddy. Just thought I would throw that out there. Anyways, the person discussed what they did, and then brought up how a person may identify themselves. This brought up the Gender Gumby. Now, I don't have the actual picture and don't feel like pulling it up. Instead, here is something I found quickly that explains and shows it a bit more simplistically:

- Assigned Sex: The label the doctors gave you at birth based on your external genitalia.
- Socialization: How you were raised in terms of gender(this accounts for intersex raised on way or another. As well as tomboys,boys allowed to play with dolls, etc.
- Gender Identity: How you feel inside about what your gender is.
- Gendered Body: Refers to hormones, secondary sex characteristics, and genitalia(this allows for transpeople [including intersex people who were operated on as children] to differentiate between their assigned sex at birth and their current physical body)
- Gender Expression: How you express your gender. Clothing styles, hair, mannerisms, etc.
- Perceived gender: How other people perceive you.
- Sexual Orientation: Who you are attracted to

assigned sex:
M..............................A.................. ............F

socialization:

gender identity:

gendered body:

gender expression:

perceived gender:

sexual orientation:

.............................. = 30 dots on each side

I find it impressive that even as young as they are, this child is already working towards creating their own gender identity in full. Pretty neat stuff.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
This is waayy off topic I know but...those are kind of the only 2 options when it comes to the development of our planet. Either it developed over time through mutations or it was made by some outside force as it is now. I mean you can believe in Evolution AND a God. What's the alternate option to those 2?
ALien Intervention is still evolution as that theory is that we descended from aliens that crashed on this planet, right? All the other creatures evolved.

ANYWAY! ACTUAL TOPIC!
Nice to see a tolerant organisation like this. Too often we only here about the bad things. I would say that I completely understand the Troop Leader's initial decision to decline. She wasn't sure of the Organisation's policy and was afraid of what the other childrens' parents would say to such a thing,

The Universal Scouts idea kind of exists here in the UK. There's the Scouts and the Girl Guides. Anybody can join the Scouts regardless of gender but only girls can join the Girl Guides. Mostly Girls choose the Girl Guides because its more suited to their interests while the Scouts is a lot more outdoors skills etc. that girls aren't so interested in. Point is that we have one organisation that accepts all genders and doesn't have a gender specific name. Never heard of a boy trying to join the Girl Guides here though, would be interesting.
Scouts here is still heavily rooted in religion. We said prayers a lot and I joined in even though I didn't really believe in it or understand what was going on or why we did it (when I was younger in Beavers and Cub Scouts anyway (younger sections of the Scouts here in the UK))

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The idea of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts is quite clearly to have boys in the boy unit and girls in the girl unit. If it's such a huge problem for some peple, just rebrand both organizations to "Scouts" and it fixes the problem. Thing is, the whole point of those organizations was to allow boys perform activities typically conscidered masculine and girls to spend their time doing something with less physical strain involved. Moreover, young girls tend to socialize more with other girls while young boys much prefere the company of other boys. That, and girls naturally will be looking for an older female role model in the group while boys will look up to their male role model.

I believe the U.S is the only country that actually has such a distinction, at least the only one I can think of. I can see the point that was behind it when said organizations were originally established, but I do believe that the 21st century is "about time" to make them unisex.

At the same time, I don't like the fact that the boy was accepted to "Girl" scouts. How will we reffer to him now? A Boy Girl Scout? He'll be out in the open for other children to ridicule him. When said issue arose in the first place, it was the time to co-operate between team leaders of both groups and create a unisex one, not accept the boy into a group thanks to which he'll have to overcome numerous obstacles in life.

Children are cruel, let me tell you that. More cruel then many adults.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse