Girls Scouts say yes to the BOY who wants to join them

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colorado 7-year-old Bobby Montoya wants what most little girls want: Dolls, My Little Pony figures and to join the Girl Scouts.
But there’s one problem: Bobby's a boy.
He said he wants to follow his sister in joining the group, but when a troop leader said it wouldn’t work out, the rejection left him devastated.
Bobby, who said he’s been bullied for looking and dressing like a girl, told KUSA-TV: 'It's hurting my heart. It hurts me and my mom both.'
His mother, Felisha Archuleta, said she allows Bobby to dress and behave how he wants to be.
Ms Archuleta told KUSA: "He's been doing this since he was about 2 years old. He's loved girl stuff, so we just let him dress how he wants.'
She added: 'As long as he's happy.'
But when she tried to sign Bobby up for Girl Scouts, she was rebuffed, and told that they couldn't let him in because he wasn't a girl.
Ms Archuleta said she was told by a troop leader that 'It doesn't matter how he looks, he has boy parts, he can't be in Girl Scouts.'
The troop leader added that she didn’t want to get into trouble by parents or her Girl Scouts supervisor.
But today, the Girl Scouts of Colorado said it made a mistake when it rejected Bobby’s application to join.The Girl Scouts issued a statement to KUSA saying that a worker unfamiliar with the group's policies gave Bobby’s family wrong information.
In a statement, the group said: 'If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout.
'In this case, an associate delivering our program was not aware of our approach. She contacted her supervisor, who immediately began working with the family to get the child involved and supported in Girl Scouts. We are accelerating our support systems and training so that we're better able to serve all girls, families and volunteers.'
The organization said requests for support of transgender kids have grown, and Girl Scouts of Colorado is working to support the children, their families and the volunteers who serve them.

Source:The Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail...anted-join.html

Opinions????

I'm glad that Bobby got to join, I've known a couple of transgender people and I've seen how some people discriminate against them, it's disgusting. Not sure if he is transgender, but I respect the Girls Scout for the decision they chose to make!

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boy Scouts...
You mean that crazy organization where boys get molested all the time by scout leaders?

Yeah i'd be joining girl scouts too. When I hear girl scouts, I hear about cookies, not how someones going to jail for traumatizing half their troop.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
While I had gone through Boy Scouts (I became an Eagle Scout), that was also many many years ago. Over time, things change, including the kind of kids that join these organizations, the people in charge of them, and what they represent. I'm actually happy that Bobby got to join the Girl Scouts. Even if it feels odd in my mind (please bear with me), I'm sure there are other reasons other than Bobby liking dolls and MLP (Applejack is best pony, dealwithit.jpg). Abuse/teasing from other boys? Not saying that ever happened, but kids can be very unforgiving at young ages, and parents are usually to blame (not directed at Bobby's parents).

All in all, they accepted him, and that good.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
This is heartening news. The world seems less and less bigoted by the day.

Sometimes it seems the other way around, but one day at a time.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oke... its not like i dont respect transgenders and anyone who in some way has a similar lifestyle (theres just too many different variations...) but if a child grows up with an older sister and (thats just how it sounds) only a mother, he will of course look up to his sister and emulate her behavior... thats what my younger brothers did and what i did in respect to my father. its not like male and female behaviour is really deeply rooted in young children. if theres no other influence and the mother stopped giving him both options at some point...

what i'm trying to say is, is a 2 year old thats surrounded by girls really already in a position to "do however he likes"? does he really have a gender identity at this point? does dressing like a girl really mean he felt more like a girl back then? or was he just doing what young children do, imitate his role models? does he have an innate understanding of the fact that boys and girls usually are clothed differently due to their gender identity?

its good that he's accepted and that he can do as he pleases now, even though he will eventually feel the wrath of school bullys for being a girl scout... but i have a slight problem with how things developed between the age of 2 and 7. i wonder if the family didnt eventually push him into this gender identification because they thought it was the right thing to do. i mean... worst case, he will have all the problems of every other transgender with the addition of another gender crisis later when he realizes he feels more like a boy after all, which will then result in blaming the family, alienation from the community he might end up being a poster child for a few years.
of course i hope the best for him, for his sake in general, but i cant help but doubt that two is an accurate age to decide something like this for yourself, cause you have no idea that you actually make a choice about something at all

god, i really hope gender studies and child psychology make huge advancements before i start a family of my own, i'd really hate to mess something like this up by accident...

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Pretty soon the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will have to be renamed due to litigation. The result:

People Scouts. :grog:

In all seriousness though, both organizations can avoid this controversial issue by merging into one entity and categorizing different scouts by gender rather than separating them.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Pretty soon the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will have to be renamed due to litigation. The result:

In all seriousness though, both organizations can avoid this controversial issue by merging into one entity and categorizing different scouts by gender rather than separating them.

I vote for United Scouts.......United Scouts of America?

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're prbably right actually, but it'd be called "Kid Scouts", "Junior Scouts", "Cub Scouts", or something to that extent though, else they'd have to accept adults :P

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not true KingVamp I've posted a lot of news that wasn't provoking.
Let's face it, about 3/4 of the topics you start are provoking. It's cool and rewarding to discuss some opinions over matters, but especially when it is started in the right frame of mind. In your case they point in the red your taste and hunger for controversial stuff, i am sorry to say.
Starting those directly in off topic part of the forum when you post those would spare mods some extra work BTW.

On topic, i rejoin totally Clydefrosh opinion on this one, We are human people with definite genders for a reason. Messing with those is dangerous to say the least. Nice for the young lad he is accepted by this Girls Scout community for now, but it is really concerning for the well being of his identity growth, the most at his young age. His mother is doing it really wrong not raising him as a boy and where in the world is the father. The kid should be able to decide for himself when he be of age to deal with something as serious as a sex change or just his sexual orientation. From the text he is obvioulsy conditionned to act effeminate emulating his female role models which is.. WRONG. Ever heard "too much freedom kills freedom" ? Silly parent(s) playing with their kids like.. Girl's dolls. :/

Crimson Ghoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't see why people care so much about gender and sexuality. We are all just animals. and +1 on United Scouts of America. One organization is enough and with more women, maybe the boys stop getting touched. One's freedoms end where another's freedom begins.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still don't see why people care so much about gender and sexuality. We are all just animals. and +1 on United Scouts of America. One organization is enough and with more women, maybe the boys stop getting touched. One's freedoms end where another's freedom begins.

Agree with all but bolded, how wrong are you and how so, so much more are we my fellow temper. Let's start not putting any clothes and eating raw meat with our bare hands. First class flesh hunted by our own skills decimating the clan next door/cavern. Ohh so sexy our glorious bodies covered with crusts of our own poo and pee from last night snooze.. Just like animals would do. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: