ROM Hack Girlish Love Revolution English Translation Project

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Speaking of language, although this game's content isn't quite appropriate for kids, we still keep the language mild. I'm a bit overprotective, I think. I don't think games for girls should use foul language. (Anyway, at least Aksys didn't agree with this when they translated Hakuouki. :P)

For progress update, we're still editing the scripts now. There are some parts like some specific terms that we're still discussing what we should use, etc. So it'll take a little while until we can start beta-testing. Please be patience. (Everything else is pretty much done. Now we're changing things to make the scripts sound better and smoother. ^_^)
I dunno, I think I don't know any girl that isn't swearing and using foul language in certain situations. Unless they are like younger than 12, but I don't think this game is aimed at girls younger than 12, so using a few curse words and stuff like that... I don't think that would hurt anyone. ;> I mean, the characters in this game are in high school... did you ever see anyone in high school who is not using foul language? XD

Reactions: 1 person

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of language, although this game's content isn't quite appropriate for kids, we still keep the language mild. I'm a bit overprotective, I think. I don't think games for girls should use foul language. (Anyway, at least Aksys didn't agree with this when they translated Hakuouki. :P)

For progress update, we're still editing the scripts now. There are some parts like some specific terms that we're still discussing what we should use, etc. So it'll take a little while until we can start beta-testing. Please be patience. (Everything else is pretty much done. Now we're changing things to make the scripts sound better and smoother. ^_^)
I dunno, I think I don't know any girl that isn't swearing and using foul language in certain situations. Unless they are like younger than 12, but I don't think this game is aimed at girls younger than 12, so using a few curse words and stuff like that... I don't think that would hurt anyone. ;> I mean, the characters in this game are in high school... did you ever see anyone in high school who is not using foul language? XD
Well, I didn't find any situation in the game that anyone should throw f-word or b-word to each other. ^_^
I didn't use foul language when I was in high school either. Even now, I still rarely use it.
Anyway, I know someone will work on this game for PC version. If there's any need to throw some foul language in it, then go ahead. But if it's this DS version, I just don't want to use it. ;)

So, I apologize in advance if the translation doesn't come out as people expect. It's just my rule that I won't use foul language. The game's text is pretty easy to edit, so you can open it in any hex editor and change the translation to suit your taste later if you don't like it. m(_ _)m.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dunno... this is a game about a fat girl that's trying to lose weight to make a boy love her. So if it was my daughter playing the game, the use of words like "damn" or "fuck" would be less of an issue to me than the theme of the game, which in general is: "You will not find love unless you are thin and pretty", well I think there's a chubby love route with the best friend as well... is there? But still.. I'm not saying foul language is needed, but if the translation would require it I wouldn't try to tone it down.

Reactions: 2 people

ioukta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I do the exact same thing when i create subtitles for the french movies i want to show my US fiance lol i either use *** or polite equivalents loool i feel really better when we watch it together lool even if i tell him "ok here it's supposed to be way worse" lol
oh and yes i have read her tokimeki walkthroughs, i remember i looked for more walkthroughs but never found any. It would be awesome to have her make one lool

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the cultures are different. I grew up in an Asian country where foul language was not common for kids, especially girls.

Anyway, I really didn't find any part of the game that 'required' foul language. So, please don't worry. I didn't alter the scripts or anything, but I really didn't find any place where it's necessary to put f-word in it. ^_^

Sairensu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who cares about foul language? As long as the dialogue's itself haven't been altered so they don't diverge in substance, I'm really happy about this game getting translated! Thanks a lot, and keep up the amazing work!!

VickyTecchio

Trophies
XP
I would killllll to BetaTest this.
I would write you a poem about how happy I am and submit it to my school's magazine if that's what it takes.

tumblr_lu7e1nkFdD1r0z1wao1_400.gif

KnitChick3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone heard any progress updates? I am so excited to try this game. I read the manga and loved them, and it just made me want to play it even more...

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translation is 100% finished.

Graphic editing is almost 100%. (Actually it's 100% but there's a specific term we can't decide what we will use and it's embedded in the graphics, so we might need to re-edit some.)

Script editing is about 60-70% but I can't say how long it will take to get all done.

At first I thought it could be done in March but apparently it's not going to be finished by this month, so you can check back again around the end of next month (April). ^_^

Lady Reaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's ok if you take a little longer to finish we all appreciate your efforts. :D

Also,I've been wondering for a while now but how is the passwords thing going to work???
(that is one of the only 2 CG I'm missing in my Ryutaro file and I want it!)

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to play this, but just wanted to extend my support since my sister will. She played love plus, and loved it but really wanted a version she could actually enjoy from a first-person perspective.

Question though, how does the gameplay compare to love plus? Ignoring obvious differences like how they play out, and just want to know how it compares in terms of how fun it is.

AmuletCross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never played love plus before, but its pretty hard, you have to manage like 15 different stats and make sure they all meet the requirements for a guy in a year, while making sure your guy loves you and your hunger bar is low. Then you make one wrong choice in the story and you don't get an ending, it's fun though, the routes/ storylines are actually interesting, i actually felt nervous and excited at times in the game o.o

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also,I've been wondering for a while now but how is the passwords thing going to work???
The passwords in English patch will work the same way as the Japanese/Korean original, EXCEPT that there will be a new set of passwords. Anyway, you can't use your save file from Japanese or Korean game with the English patched game, so you will have to replay it from start to collect the passwords. ^_^

Question though, how does the gameplay compare to love plus? Ignoring obvious differences like how they play out, and just want to know how it compares in terms of how fun it is.
This game is not as interactive as Love Plus. Part of it is stat-raising and another part of it is visual novel where you have to choose the right choices in order to proceed to the guy's endings. The two games are quite different though. I think Love Revo has darker and more mature content than Love Plus. (If your sister is under 15, I don't recommend this game although the official rate is 12+.)

Lady Reaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The passwords in English patch will work the same way as the Japanese/Korean original, EXCEPT that there will be a new set of passwords. Anyway, you can't use your save file from Japanese or Korean game with the English patched game, so you will have to replay it from start to collect the passwords. ^_^

Ok,I don't mind collecting the passwords again,it's a fun game,thanks for answering my question ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1