Girl Power!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by TrolleyDave, Nov 25, 2008.

Nov 25, 2008

Girl Power! by TrolleyDave at 3:21 PM (1,018 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I watched the new action movie from Thailand last night called Chocolate. If you're into action or martial arts movies then you should be getting off your ass and going to see this! It's made by the same guy who did Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong.

The main star is JeeJa Yanin, and boy can she move! Watching her pull off some of the movies and stunts made my jaw drop, she is incredibly talented - even putting Tony Jaa to shame simply because she doesn't rely solely on demonstration Thai Boxing. I won't go into too much detail because it really does need to be seen to be believed!

Some clips :

Trailer

Sample fight scene

Of course it doesn't hurt when the main action star is cute as hell either! [​IMG]

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    ...okay, yet another film on my ever increasing "definitely must watch" list...

[​IMG]

3. TrolleyDave
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry dude! It's definitely a must watch if you're into action/martial arts flicks. It's alot better then Ong Bak was (which I really enjoyed) both in story and fight scenes. It's already out to buy on DVD so I'll probably grab it as soon as I've got the cash.

4. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I gotta watch this and yes she is quite cute, the action is more realistic than most martial arts films.

5. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    the fighing with the lockers is epic win.

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I have to admit, though, seeing this topic in the EOF, seeing the title (Girl Power), and seeing you mention it's a Thailand film, at first I thought you were talking about "Beautiful Boxer", a film telling the life story of the famous Thailand Muay Thai fighter, actress and model, Nong Thoom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TrolleyDave
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've never seen that, thanks for the heads up! Have you seen it?

8. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    So I just watched Chocolate, yeah great film!

Its definitely got a better story than Ong Bak, the action was good but I liked Ong Bak's more because it was more brutal! [​IMG]

9. TrolleyDave
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah Ong Bak was definitely alot more brutal, the action in Chocolate is more Jackie Chan style for most of. The girl is definitely more skilled than Tony Jaa though, she just seems to have a wider range of moves she can pull off. The end fight scene is pretty brutal though, I loved the one with the breakdancer type guy with the jerky motions. When she flips over him and plants him with a kick in the face my jaw dropped! Plus she's a hell of alot cuter than Tony Jaa. [​IMG]

@Pizzaroo : That fight was pure class! The first guy to get it actually did get it for real, looked pretty damned painful too. At the end it shows Jackie Chan flick style bloopers and she didn't half do some damage to some of the stuntmen. The guy who got it with the locker well and truely got his head cracked open.

10. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    Oh. Mah. Gawd. I just watched it. Favorite movie of the year, so much action, such a great story. It sucks to be an asshole in this movie XD

11. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

Yea, mirror's edge is a great game