Girl killed herself for EMO CULT!!!

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1138968.ece
Hannah was a "popular and bright" pupil at Mascalls Secondary in Paddock Wood, Kent.

She joined the cult based around a genre of rock music with sad themes and emotional lyrics, hence emo. Fans wear black and have dark hair. Many self harm and Hannah was among them.

She told worried dad Raymond it was part of an initiation and promised "never to do it again".

Her headteacher Vanessa Everett told the inquest other emo pupils had self-harmed.

She said it was "probable" Hannah was motivated by the failed suicide of another girl pupil who was also an emo fan. Hannah’s mum Heather said her daughter, who used the name "Living Disaster" on the Bebo website, became "addicted" to the internet before she died.

Martial artist Mr Bond said he knew his karate fan daughter was in contact with emos worldwide. He said: "She was always very protective of the screen."

She was obsessed with US emo band My Chemical Romance whose 2006 No 1 album The Black Parade features a tragic storyline about a man dying of cancer.

On the night Hannah died she argued with her mum after she was barred from staying at a friend’s.

She told her: "I feel like killing myself". An hour later her parents found her hanging by a tie from her bunk bed at their home in East Peckham, Kent.

Coroner Roger Sykes said Hannah, who had a sister Jessica, 14, had become an emo "aficionado".

He told the Maidstone inquest that the emo overtones to her death were disturbing.

He added: "It is a terrible and tragic explanation.

"It is not glamorous, just simply a tragic loss of such a young life."

Verdict: Suicide.

P

pasc

BoneMonkey said:
anyone wanna join my cult ?

we basically just eat pizza

Thats your 2nd plain stupid comment today dumbmonkey, I applaud to your constructiveness.
Sad story, her mother must feel terrible after arguing and then seeing her daughter dead.

Man Emo = Bad

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
pasc said:
BoneMonkey said:
anyone wanna join my cult ?

we basically just eat pizza

Thats your 2nd plain stupid comment today dumbmonkey, I applaud to your constructiveness.
Sad story, her mother must feel terrible after arguing and then seeing her daughter dead.

Man Emo = Bad
Its posted in the Testing Area. Did you expect something serious?

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My cult is better. We basically just talk about cars and anime. Who's in ?

Come with me , come and cry with me!

Got to be , got to , got to be free!

biggrin.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why is it always the ones that look reasonably hot that commit suicide?! And why is hanging currently the "in" way of suicide in the UK? I know we're the only developed country that still uses it for the death penalty, but there's been what, 10 cases this year so far...

Silly children...

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Emo didn't kill her. She killed herself, and probably would have eventually even if Emo didn't exist.
I'm not supporting Emo but its a stupid scapegoat.

Lets blame marilyn manson next time.

And hanging yourself with a tie? damn...thats sooo scene.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
her parents wouldn't let her go over to her friends house, so she killed herself. Thats quite an extreme reaction, i guess she showed them
unsure.gif

Its sad how easily influenced teens are on this matter (epically with all the hype from popular scenes like 'emo'), sure its a natural occurrence to be depressed as a teen but when no-one is shedding light on the fact that everyone goes through this difficult time in there life, i assume growing up and being a teen would be alot harder to come to terms with these days.

I know this probably doesn't get said enough, but to any emo teens reading this, its a faze, everyone goes through it, not to invalidate your feelings by saying you not special and your problems are the same as everyone else's, but everyone can relate to this state of mind in some form.
Making a scene out of teenage depression is quite odd, marketing and profiteering from this is even worse. (eg. My Chemical Romance)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16