RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
okay...here is the scoop...(since you seemed to be intrigued enough XP)

one of my friends set me up with a girl who was the same age as me. 3 months later I finally came to the conclusion that she was getting way to serious had nothing in common and was getting quite bossy and domineering (NOT my type)...so I eventually broke it off. Push came to shove...and now the friend (who is 19) that set me up with my ex I think Is flirting with me now :wtf:...a bunch of my friends, she invited me to go see The Hangover II (GO SEE IT XD). She brought her gay best friend and I brought some friends of mine along. During the movie however, she was constantly shoving me and poking me...and she was also learning on me quite a bit and wanted a hug before we all went our separate ways...I'm kinda confused what to do, since I just got out of a relationship...call me wrong but...I think my friend likes me. I've known her for years..but she never has acted like this before. oh, my ex completely hates me for associating with this friend too for some reason.....

Thanks for your input = P

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you just broke up. Now your new ex is flirting with you again? Or is this a different ex? Also, your friend likes you? If I have this straight, then my advice is to ignore the ex and go with your friend you're talking about. Exs are exs for a reason. Usually that reason doesn't change.

EDIT: Just to be clear, long time friendships can become unstable and awkward if you break up. Same thing goes if she tells you that she likes you, and you reject it. Lose lose situations at the worst of times.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:
So, you just broke up. Now your new ex is flirting with you again? Or is this a different ex? Also, your friend likes you? If I have this straight, then my advice is to ignore the ex and go with your friend you're talking about. Exs are exs for a reason. Usually that reason doesn't change.

my friend (who has always been a friend..until possibly now) who SET ME UP with my ex I think possibly likes me..

I have NO plans to get back with my EX at all...but this could be rebounded feelings...so I'm a bit confused...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Sterling said:

my friend who SET ME UP with my ex I think possibly likes me..

I have NO plans to get back with my EX at all...but this could be rebounded feelings...so I'm a bit confused...
Ah, okay. I see. Well, ignore the ex bit of my post.

If she is the one making the advancement then you have no reason to suspect rebounding feelings. Especially since you had nothing in common with your ex. Nothing to make the relationship special.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
Sterling said:

my friend who SET ME UP with my ex I think possibly likes me..

Ah, okay. I see. Well, ignore the ex bit of my post.

If she is the one making the advancement then you have no reason to suspect rebounding feelings. Especially since you had nothing in common with your ex. Nothing to make the relationship special.

Okay
biggrin.gif

My real question is that..since I got out of a relationship...is it too soon to get back into another one possibly?

Plus, im not a complete asshole..I still want to be friends with my ex (that sounds incredibly difficult I'm sure)...

EDIT - she just admitted that she likes me "a lil"

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
How old are you? Do you like/love your friend? If you don't want to start a relationship with your friend but still want to be friends i would suggest ignoring all the signs she's throwing at you. Things could end up really awkward if you confront her and then she say's that "she didn't mean too....", just let things play out for a few weeks. If you want a relationship with her then you should try and also show some signs but nothing too brash because if she was your friend for a long time girls have a tendency to do some "boyfriend/girlfriend-like" things with her really good friends (being you). I had a few friends who were girls and would do a lot of things with me that turn me on but in the end it was all friendly nothing more. Don't expect too much from this, just let it play out.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
How old are you? Do you like/love your friend? If you don't want to start a relationship with your friend but still want to be friends i would suggest ignoring all the signs she's throwing at you. Things could end up really awkward if you confront her and then she say's that "she didn't mean too....", just let things play out for a few weeks. If you want a relationship with her then you should try and also show some signs but nothing too brash because if she was your friend for a long time girls have a tendency to do some "boyfriend/girlfriend-like" things with her really good friends (being you). I had a few friends who were girls and would do a lot of things with me that turn me on but in the end it was all friendly nothing more. Don't expect too much from this, just let it play out.

I am 20...and yes.. (we have a whole lot more in common than what my ex and I had)..let's say that I kinda liked her flirting with me yesterday :wtf:...but..okay..I understand)

she said she likes me "a lil" because I'm "cute" and "funny"

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like she set u up because her friend was bugging her. Then you broke it off with her friend and she was like, oh now he is free. You friend probably does like you and have always lked you, but didn't know till she couldn't have you(you being with someone). I say if you like your friend then go for it but do it slow. Joke with her filt with her. Give her hugs before you leave. Just play it out. If she really likes you one day she will start to hold your hand and your be going on dates, just the two of you.

BUT! The main thing too remeber is that once that line is crossed, its hard to go back. I've am semi friends with some exs but they were never best friends to start with. So its different then someone you probably see n talk to a lot.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Leo Cantus said:
You obviously have girl issues if you're asking an internet video game forum for help.

I see plenty of other tempers asking for relationship advice on here... = /

In short..I shall play it safe and see where it goes from there..and not really care what my ex thinks....thanks for your feedback
biggrin.gif

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
oh...my Ex is getting really aggro about me hanging out with this friend...even though I'm single now.....how do I tell her to piss off without being a complete asshole about it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would it matter if you just got out of a relationship. It's your life and if you feel ready then go for it, maybe just throw back a few smiles and see if she really does like you. People look down on you for going out with something straight away but who cares about them, if it make/going to make you happy then definitely give it a go, and if push comes to shove and you're in a relationship and you want to break up but stay friends then just do it slowly and show you care about her but you just want to stay friends

Good Luck my friend, hope it all goes well

Love Gbatemp's Player
tongue.gif
( joking of course )

Answer to your last post :

Just say that you don't want to cause arguments, you still care and you don't want to lose a friends over all this or multiple if people take sides, tell her its not fair on others as they are pressured into taking sides, just try and work it out nicely and don't get aggressive even if she does, just rise up and be the better person
smile.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leo Cantus said:
You obviously have girl issues if you're asking an internet video game forum for help.
Hey man, there are many diverse and kind members here. Sometimes it's pretty much free counseling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended