chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
oh crap... Well, my best friend texted me earlier and essentially said "Dude! I got you the perfect Christmas present! You're gonna love it!!!"

Which this sucks... I haven't been able to find a good present and can't think of anything...

He's a huge gamer, mostly xbox 360. He gets most of the hit games soon after they come out, so I don't think I'll get him a game. He also lives in an area where DSL is borderline dialup, so any multiplayer games are super laggy and not very fun for him. He's a big tech geek like me, too, so I'm thinking along the lines of a gadget like the Dingoo or something...

Anyone have any epic gift ideas for an uber gamer/geek?? I'm racking my brain and scouring the net and can't think of anything o_o'

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vanquish would make a nice gift. He probably never heard of it, and it's purely focused on single player. What's even better is that there isn't any online multiplayer or whatnot, so no need to feel left out.

D

Deleted User

ojsinnerz. said:
Vanquish would make a nice gift. He probably never heard of it, and it's purely focused on single player. What's even better is that there isn't any online multiplayer or whatnot, so no need to feel left out.
This was gonna be my suggestion, but you said no games or whatever.

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Get gamer friend the crappiest(or perhaps girly-ish) Xbox 360 game you can find in the used section or bargain bin. Put Gadget Store/Video Game Store gift card inside the cover of crappy used game. Make sure you tell gamer friend to play the game as soon as he can so that gamer friend will see gift card instead of throwing crappy used game into trash.

Make sure you tell gamer friend that you got him the perfect Christmas present! That way he'll be super excited, then super disappointed once game gotten, then even more excited to open it up and see that it wasn't the true present.

Just throwing out an idea!
yay.gif

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
ineap09 said:
Get gamer friend the crappiest(or perhaps girly-ish) Xbox 360 game you can find in the used section or bargain bin. Put Gadget Store/Video Game Store gift card inside the cover of crappy used game. Make sure you tell gamer friend to play the game as soon as he can so that gamer friend will see gift card instead of throwing crappy used game into trash.

Make sure you tell gamer friend that you got him the perfect Christmas present! That way he'll be super excited, then super disappointed once game gotten, then even more excited to open it up and see that it wasn't the true present.

yay.gif

LOL wicked good idea!! If I can't think of anything else I'm totally doing that XD

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ineap09 said:

yay.gif
Hehe, this is a pretty good idea
smile.gif

Or, you could buy him an action figure of his favorite game
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wabsta said:
Or, you could buy him an action figure of his favorite game
smile.gif
I was about to suggest this but that disguised gift card is better
yay.gif

I was going to suggest these guys (Mega Blok Halo Wars minifigs):

DCSQh.jpg
MCTCJ.jpg

But only because I wouldn't mind having them myself
nyanya.gif
They're neat. Insanely posable for their size. And I don't even play Halo, I just like minifigs
nyanya.gif

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
chrisman01 said:
hmmm... those are cool, but I don't think he'd like a megablok/LEGO set... Perhaps I should mention he's 19
rofl2.gif
Hey! I'm 18, and those look awesome, and I'd love to get a present like that!
smileipb2.png

@all the other posts
I love all the love my idea is getting! Especially since it was a crazy-assed idea I got at 6 in the morning while I was trying to go to sleep for the first time that "night."
toot.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Joe88 said:
mega bloks are for little kids
they are an introductory set into lego's
Not when they're Halo merch. In that case, they're for college kids, and an introductory set into keggers.
nyanya.gif

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ineap09 said:

yay.gif
Then, put the game in a huge box inside another huge box. The disappointment will be even greater.

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Sephxus said:
ineap09 said:

yay.gif
Then, put the game in a huge box inside another huge box. The disappointment will be even greater.
This post has been approved by ineap09.
yay.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
I once told my friend I was buying him a ds for his birthday but actually gave him an empty ds lite shell with a broken iPod video hdd where the top screen would be and a pencil for a sulus complete with brand new dsi box
smile.gif

(there was a 50 under the fake ds
tongue.gif
)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinect?
lol, jk.

Why not get him something from his childhood (assuming you've known each other for a while)? Something that means something.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01 said:
...dude. Yes.

Dreamcast or SNES, with some of the best games perhaps? Sure as hell beats emulators, and I don't know if he had a Dreamcast or not... but who doesn't/didn't want a Dreamcast?

WOO! GREAT idea!!!

I would choose a SNES.

And no, i never wanted a Dreamcast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1