0ddity

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So my wife's birthday is on monday, and I bought her a 32 GB IPod Touch 4G. I know they come dead, and you have to configure the wireless and then install any apps you'll want to use and transfer music and movies etc. I can't decide whether I should open it up and charge/configure it for her, so she can use it right after she opens it, or if gift giving etiquette compels me to leave the package unopened. What do you think I should do?

0ddity

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
You can do that thing where you open it and then make it seem like you never opened it.

Otherwise just open it and configure.

Well yeah I could, but it'd be kind of a dead giveaway when she notices all her music and stuff is already on it. Since she'll know it's been opened, regardless of how the packaging looks, I just want to know if that'd take away from the gift. If it was for you, how would you feel about it?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, since it's a gift for a loved one it would be more thoughtful to configure it first, provided you don't total the packaging in the process so it looks a mess when she gets it. In my humble opinion anyway, it'd be best to set it up. That way it's not so much a 'hey, I got you this' as a 'I got you this and made it perfect for you because I care'.

Just be sure that it's an item she'd appreciate though, 'cause if for whatever reason it has to go back to the store it's easier to get a refund if the packaging is undisturbed.

0ddity

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So update on this situation.

I let her open it yesterday, a day before her birthday, so we could get it all set up with the books, music and apps she wanted so she could take it to work today. Turns out it did come charged, which surprised me, every other rechargeable tech item I've bought always had to be charged out of the box. Anyways, I'm very impressed with it, and she just loves it. Thanks for the advice gbatemp!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: