'Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection' announced for PC, PS4 and Xbox One

gng rez.JPG

Released as a Nintendo Switch-exclusive earlier this year, Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection is now headed to other platforms. Developer and publisher Capcom announced that the title is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam on June 1st in a recent blog post which was accompanied by a new trailer:

We reviewed the game on the Switch and gave it a score of 8.7/10, so be sure to check it out in the link below!

:arrow: Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: SOURCE

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the gae just sucks and it's short, they only got away with it cause it's so ridiculously hard and unfair
and cheap
they hav eno business charging that kind of money for it
i would not even pay $5 for this game , thank god I paid zero for it
I agree that it should be cheaper, but how is it " too short" when it's actually longer than the game it's a remake of?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this for the switch a few weeks ago. I think it was $29.99. I haven't played it yet though. I actually haven't played my switch in a while, because I've been kinda busy.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a shame the "good" version of Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins PSP is a Japanese exclusive.

They really could have just re-released that one instead of making a "new" game.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't, they actually made it a lot easier than the original.
I have played them all and finished them all except the PSP version
I just had to give up on this game because it was just so difficult and not at all fun to play, I think this games sucks shit and is the WORST game in the entire series, the game just plain sucked and difficulty is absolutely ridiculous, they just went WAAAAAY over the fucking top with the difficulty this time
again so glad I didn't have to pay for this steaming turd of a game, it is just totally unplayable after a certain point

Oh and you know what REALLY pisses me off about this game too, is the fact they have so many god damn options when you die and the default option is not the one that continues you fro the last checkpoint
at least 4 times i was rushing through the menu and accidentally selected the wrong option and had to do the part over after it took me like 600 tries the first time, good thing I don't have a physical copy because i would have taken a hammer to it and smashed it to 1000 pieces by now

Last edited by weatMod,

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played them all and finished them all except the PSP version
I just had to give up on this game because it was just so difficult and not at all fun to play, I think this games sucks shit and is the WORST game in the entire series, the game just plain sucked and difficulty is absolutely ridiculous, they just went WAAAAAY over the fucking top with the difficulty this time
again so glad I didn't have to pay for this steaming turd of a game, it is just totally unplayable after a certain point
The fact that others can beat it means that it isn't "unplayable". It sucks that it was too hard for you, but that's not a fault with the game.

It has checkpoints, powerups, including the ability to have several weapons at the same time, the ability to tank hits and wipe the whole screen which refill really quickly, yet you found it harder than the original?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that others can beat it means that it isn't "unplayable". It sucks that it was too hard for you, but that's not a fault with the game.

It has checkpoints, powerups, including the ability to have several weapons at the same time, the ability to tank hits and wipe the whole screen which refill really quickly, yet you found it harder than the original?
what 1 in 1,000,00 people after wasting how many hours and repeating the same part 5000 times
it's just a fucking waste of time and it is just frustrating and repetitive AF

and you know what REALLY pisses me off about this game too, is the fact they have so many god damn options when you die and the default option is not the one that continues you from the last checkpoint
at least 4 times I was rushing through the menu or the phone rang and I got distracted and accidentally selected the wrong option and had to do the part over after it took me like 600 tries the first time, good thing I don't have a physical copy because I would have taken a hammer to it and smashed it to 1000 pieces by now

the game is just not any fun at all to play , it's just a boring repetitive frustrating suck fest

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version for Sega Genesis was very difficult, I never beat it.

I saw a speedrun of the game, but I think it was for the snes. it was at agdq (awesome games done quick). I don't know if you've ever seen that, but it's a bunch of people who speedrun games for charity. they've racked in millions of dollars over time.

Magicantian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a speedrun of the game, but I think it was for the snes. it was at agdq (awesome games done quick). I don't know if you've ever seen that, but it's a bunch of people who speedrun games for charity. they've racked in millions of dollars over time.

I'm definitely gonna play the Sega Genesis version soon, without save states to see how far I can get after many years. The SNES version kind of pissed me off, it doesn't let you shoot upward, it feels so weird.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're still doing those too. already had the one for this year, I believe, and they gave some of the charity money to covid research. there's also summer games done quick and awful games done quick (I think mega man 8 is one of these). lol there was some milestone that they reached where they'd show the cutscenes of mega man 8 with the bad voice acting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm definitely gonna play the Sega Genesis version soon, without save states to see how far I can get after many years. The SNES version kind of pissed me off, it doesn't let you shoot upward, it feels so weird.

I've never beaten it either. there's supposed to be a second quest that's even harder after you beat the game. it's basically the same game just harder.

Reactions: Magicantian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte