Ghostbusters wrist strap freeze solved once and for all!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by urherenow, Aug 18, 2009.

1. urherenow
    OP

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I lost the thread I found it in but I read someone post that for either Sports Resort or Madden 10 (forgot which) if you get a black screen, you need to disable force disc region in the preloader systemmenu hacks. I remembered that depending on my loading method with Ghostbusters, I either got a blank screen, 002 error, or freeze at the wrist strap screen and figured... hell it MUST be a systemmenu hack.

After a few minutes of playing around... I figured out the culprit! If your only problem is freezing at the wrist strap screen (of course the eject method works in this case but who the heck wants to put up with that?)

Are you ready?

Remove diag disc check ----> DISABLED

With that setting enabled, you get the freeze.

and for whomever posted about disabling the force disc region... thank you! But with my setup (4.1U ciosv14 with cioscorp 3.2, after using Dop-IOS to update every single thing anyway, and preloader .29) I have
    Force Disc Region_1
    and
    Force Disc Region_2

in my hacks.ini
    Setting the second one to disable and leaving the first one enabled both takes care of the black screen (sports resort or Madden... forgot?) and still allows me to load my wife's Japanese Karaoke game from the disc channel.

2. technosexual

Newcomer technosexual Member

United States
    that doesnt work, try it more than 2-3 times and itll freeze eventually.

its the rip itself

3. urherenow
    OP

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Tried several times already without a freeze, and previously tried 2 different downloaded rips plus a rip I made myself... all freeze with my current setup unless I disable that option.

Do you have sm4.1, cios v14, preloader v.29 and cioscorp 3.2 or 3.3 installed? (I have cioscorp3.2 currently but I'm assuming 3.3 will work just as well)
    but anyway, I removed the 100% garanteed part from my post [​IMG]. I might also add that I use Verbatim DVD-R discs burned @ 4x with IMGBurn, with verify turned on.

Darn it... you're correct. I tried a few more times and it started freezing again on me [​IMG]. I was so sure that setting was the culprit because I would enable it and the game would freeze every time, and when I disabled it, the game would run.

So now all I've done is start another useless Ghostbusters thread. I'll just walk away now with my tail between my legs...

4. dkelley

Newcomer dkelley Advanced Member

Canada
    Dude, making it only freeze sometimes is waaaaaaaaaay better than letting it freeze every time! I say congrats are in order. it's not perfect, but it's better than before.

I have a similar setup although I don't use cioscorp (don't want ot hack my wii THAT far thanks... I'm capable of running backups from a different channel than my original games and installing the ios and cios files present in cioscorp is easy, I didn't need to install the actual cioscorp itself to get full compatibility with everything).

but yea, sounds good, I'll try it tonight. anything to make life easier! and very good to know about which of the force disc regions is the better one, sounds like #1 is good and #2 is evil so I'll turn on #1 only.

I've been wondering - I don't have issues with foreign games anyway thanks to my loader channel's settings. any issues I have are that my ntsc tv can't run pal modes at all so most pal games just simply don't work for me, but I can live with that.

cheers,
    Don

5. technosexual

United States
    the hack has nothing to do with the game starting even some times, it did that for me when i had the hack on

wiipower asked me to test with a fresh sm install/no hacks. i did, and the results were 1 boot and 2 freezes.

it has some 50/50 chance of booting. a sm hack doesnt really have anything to do with it

im using a launch day us wii, us game, no preloader, sm4.1, no cioscorp, rev14, neogamma r7

6. Thirdphaze

Newcomer Thirdphaze Newbie

United States
    I also belive wrist strap freeze can sometimes be caused by bad rips of GB.

With that being said I have a softmodded wii using sm4.1u cios38 rev14 cioscorp 3.3 preloader .29 hbc 1.0.3 plus dvdx fix that came with cioscorp 3.3 and now I can load GB through disc channel and I have no more wriststrap freezes.

So it could be your copy is bad but it might not be too

I hope this helps somehow, if not sorry.

7. technosexual

United States
    that is most likely the issue

8. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    who you gonna call?