1. alpo845

alpo845 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Tiger Woods loads perfectly. this is the only game giving me a problem. I updated to 4.0 using wakinoko's loader thingy. I got 13a and neogamma r4 and am on 4.0U

2. Stitch

Stitch GBAtemp Regular

i have
    Rev 13(a), ios 249, gamma r4 rc4, system menu 4.0E and the wad that was needed for madworld

didn't try tiger or mysims because they look stupid [​IMG] i think this is the first game with this problem for me. boom blox, donkey kong and klonoa gave me some green/black screens but i was able to fix it with some vidpatch settings. but ghostbusters just doesn't want to work...

3. ph00p

ph00p Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've tried it, before I was using my wireless kama just plugged in the old nunchuck used those settings the other user provided which I quoted back in my last post and NO luck [​IMG] I do have 13(sometimes called 13a) installed and all that jazz, what a doowner!

Is the wii picky about hard drive enclosures? A certain brand etc? I'm looking at a $7 one now wondering if the wii would like it.

4. Patch62

Patch62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I got it to work finally every time (dvd). I have Neo Gamma R3 , cios rev 13 on ios249

Neo gamma Options
    Patch Country Str: Yes

Config Options
    Boot lang: Auto Force
    Force Video: Wii
    Patch Video: All
    VidTv patch: Yes

Hook type: Wii pad
    Ocarina on: No
    This is for dvd users , this works every time for me . With the nunchuck and hitting the a button it does not matter if you have a usb drive attached works every time. Try it out tell me if it worked for you.
    Also i did brickblock the game, but i don't think that matters anyway.

UPDATE: I can confirm from some more testing that as posted above you must connect a nunchuck before starting the game and i know it sounds silly but when you start to load the game keep hitting the A button, this is now working every single time so hopefully this helps you guys. Try this out again make sure the nunchuck is attached and keep hitting the A button as you load it.

5. irishgond

irishgond Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Working for me also from NTSC disc (wizard iso release)!!! whoo hoo :-) Using NeoGamma R3 and cios rev 13 on ios249 with the default neogamma options, didnt change any of them.

6. PartyMon

PartyMon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried all that as well, and it doesnt seem to be working, different controllers, different loaders, nada, I always get stuck at the wii strap screen. There must be another variable that we aren't noticing or the process is completely random.

7. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    Hooktype set to GC tried?

8. donowprod

donowprod Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have the same problem as everyone else. I just cannot seem to get this darn game to work no matter what I do.
    I actually got it to boot up once from disk using wiipowers neogamma loader after several hours of trying but once I shut the game off It froze again at the strap screen.
    The game will not boot up from usb drive nor dvd no matter what I throw at it.
    I have been successful loadinfg Indiana Jones, My Sims, Diabolik, Tiger Woods 10, Virtua Tennis, etc from disc as well as usb loader gx, But Ghostbusters is throwing me for a loop.

I have tried Neogamma rev 3 and 4, and Softchip R99 with 002 fix off and ios fake enabled.
    I tried through usbloade gx 002 fix enabled (several different revisions) and doesnt work.

Im using a 1st edition wii with bootmii as boot 2
    4.0U System Menu Updated through Waninkoko's updater
    Im able to Install all Wads, so I dont think my updating to 4.0 went sour.
    I use a seagate freeagent go 500 gb usb hdd using usb loader GX.

I have been racking my brain all night trying to figure out why some have been successful and some not.
    I feel if indiana Jones works so should Ghostbusters.

It looks from the posts that most who get it to work have system menu 4.0E
    So what im wondering is how many 4.0u vs 4.0e have got this to work via USB Loader?
    It seems there is only one release on the net of this game and it by a team called Wizzard and it NTSC based.

So it seems there is a corralation between this NTSC game mostly working on 4.0E and not with 4.0U
    Does anyone else see this trend?
    Is there a pal release we can try on 4.0U?
    Also maybe Seegate freeagent go hard drives arent supported with this game?

Maybe we should start a poll so to help narrow this down.

9. Lissa5168

Lissa5168 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just tried Hooktype set to GC and still a fail even with nunchuck attached prior and pressing A repeatedly.

4.0U (via Waninkoko) Wii
    cIOS rev13
    Preloader .29 with only hack being to block updates
    No BootMii or CIOSCORP installed

Loading from DVD (burn OK as game shows in Disc Channel). No USB drive available now or in the near future.

Have tried NeoGamma 3 and 4RC4 with all suggested options as well as Softchip R99 with 002 fix off and IOS Fake enabled.

10. Patch62

Patch62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am on 3.3 U All the steps i listed before have worked for me, the only sure thing i know for me at least is hitting the a button while it is loading it working every single time. I have gotten the game to load from a usb drive a wd 6 gb. That was easier than firguring out how to load it from a dvd , if people are getting to the safety screen and freezing the wiimote is just not in sync. i have hope for this a button solution lol good luck.

11. sYndrome13

sYndrome13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Didn't work for me. [​IMG] But I'm on 3.2U.

Has anyone running 3.2U gotten Ghostbusters to load the first time every time from disc (NOT a USB drive) on a soft-modded (i.e. no modchip installed) system?

Nearly all the success stories I've read mention having 4.0 firmware installed.

12. mrgodzilla

mrgodzilla Member
    Newcomer

United States
    got it working with burned disk on 3.2u with no problems at all loaded it several times to make sure and works each time did have chuck in but did not have to press anything
    Patch Video: All
    VidTv patch: Yes
    on rev 7 neogammaR4
    burned disck at 8x but that is just the way i burn it.
    going to try Indy next
    thanks to all for your help

when the screen comes on have chuck on already and press the + sign a few times

13. Lissa5168

Lissa5168 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @mrgodzilla - you got it to run using cIOS rev7??? Hmmmm, I may have to go search this out and try that. (Earliest I have is rev8.)

14. ph00p

ph00p Member
    Newcomer

United States
    wow none of these things are working for me at all :/ ah well!

15. mrgodzilla

mrgodzilla Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes a bunch of people on another site confirmed that too

16. Lissa5168

Lissa5168 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well alrighty then ... gonna install rev7 and try it now.

17. Patch62

Patch62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    One more final tip just in case anyone is stuck at the safety screen, instead of hitting a as soon as you load it. Try hitting the a button as soon as the screen goes black right before the safety screen and continue to push it till you pass the safety screen, Maybe this will work instead. Well good luck guys hope you can get it to work.

18. Lissa5168

Lissa5168 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, apparently 4.0U can't run rev7. Get a failure every time.

@patch - Tried that several times and still no joy.

Oh well. Putting this game on the shelf until a concrete fix is out for DVD on 4.0U players. Not worth beating my head against a wall for a kids' game, lol.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

19. sYndrome13

sYndrome13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Didn't work for me. I have cIOS rev13 installed and ran NeoGamma with all settings listed above; I attached the nunchuck before booting the Wii and hit A repeatedly while launching. The game still locked at the Wii Remote safety screen.

The only difference is that I'm running 3.2U and Patch62 is running 3.3U.

This may all come back to IOS file versions after all.

20. donowprod

donowprod Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Edit: Posted in wrong place.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ghostbusters, Screen, Video