Hacking Ghostbusters Backup Freezes. Need Help Please!!!

jaywhiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
So I recently burned ghostbusters onto a blank dvd-r using imgburn at auto write speed. My wii is softmodded and i used softmii 2.1.1 to do so. when I put the backup disc into my wii it shows up in the disc channel as wii music and when i enter the disc channel it plays video. When I try to start game the screen goes to the white screen that shows the wiimote and tells you attach strap securely and don't hit other people or objects.. The game freezes at this screen. The wiimote stays on but no matter what button I hit the game stays on the screen that I just mentioned. I have tried to load it a few times (at least 3 times) and this same thing happens every time. Can someone please help me fix this problem so that I can play this game? Thanks in advance for your time and patience. Other backups work in my wii. Please help a guy in need.
Sincerely,
Jaywhiz

jaywhiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@uncle Julien: I am using the disc channel to run game backups. I went to softmii.org and downloaded the softmii 2.1.1 package and followed all instructions to get it to play any region backup discs through disc channel. Does this answer your question?

@scuj1: I am new to this site. My friend told me to look for an answer to my problem on this site and I was unsure of which category my question belonged so I posted it in two different categories.

scuj1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jaywhiz said:
@scuj1: I am new to this site. My friend told me to look for an answer to my problem on this site and I was unsure of which category my question belonged so I posted it in two different categories.

You say you've installed softmii? Please try and take sometime to do a bit more reading and searching first. There is multiple options in regarding softmodding your Wii other than the softmii route. There's loads of info on GBAtemp, just take your time and take an interest in it and you'll find the best/easiest/safest way that does you.

People will be more than willing to help, if you've at least made some effort yourself and at least educated yourself a little first. Other people may have already asked the same question as yours.

My main gripe (an I'm not flaming you here) but you made 2 threads in the same forum about 2 games, with similar but not the exact same problems. You could've saved yourself typing time, putting them as one thread. Maybe I'm just being pedantic
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs