Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fucking love Ghosbusters! When I was a kid I was obsessed, I loved both films (though the second one isn't as good as I thought it was) and The Real Ghostbusters series was pretty damn good (forget about the Slimer & The Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbuster...they sucked!)

In video game form, Ghostbuster on the Atari 2600 was pretty damn good, hell I still play it today. The second film had a shit game but then New Ghostbusters II on the NES was awesome and is in my top ten NES games.

Theres been talk of a 3rd Ghostbusters film, which the last I heard was gonna be in CGI as well the actors are kinda getting on a bit. Well looks like that film is never gonna happen BUT the idea for it will appear in video game form!

From Gameinformer:
"Harold Ramis, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd are getting back together and revisiting their roles to make a sequel to Ghostbusters 1 and 2 – in video-game form, and we’ve got the first details. Both Aykroyd and Ramis are teaming up for scriptwriting duties and are going far beyond just the typical licensed add-your-voice-to-the-game-you-had-nothing-to-do-with formula. And no, this has nothing to do with the Ghostbusters Zootfly video demonstration that floated around the internet in January."

I've dreamed of a new Ghostbusters game for a while, theres been developers starting one but then taking too long and losing their rights. I'm hoping for GTA style freedom but of course with Ghostbusting. A wii version could even have some kind of proton pack accessory...or is that fan wank?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ohhh that would be soo sweet. I used to play the Commodore 64 version and remember it being quite good fun.

if there's something strangee in your neighborhood

who you gonna call?

GHOST BUSTERS! yeah!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the movie will ever get made. At first it was going to be live action. Then they came up with the Ghostbusters in Hell storyline, now it's gonna be all CGI....

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds sorta like the Futurama video game, what with it almost being considered an actual episode due to the content and everything.

I can see the movie being made in CGI as long as its done well. The only other movie that really attempts to do CGI but realistically, is that Beowulf film out soon. If they get GB3 like that, then I'd be sold. But aren't they all just a little old for these roles now? It's a whole twenty years later...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In japan only there was
New Ghost Busters 2 for the NES and Gameboy Color
These games were made by Nintendo's HAL and the GBC one has more levels and better helper AI.
Top down scroller where you zap ghosts and put them in the catcher with the other bottom when your teammate is in place.
Everyone is playable too.

Also theres the good genesis one.

Ghost busters is cool and the actors should return for a ghostbusters 3 with a new team of busters and a story based on days after the good success of a Ghostbusters franchise.
Makes sense to me.

A new game though?
No.
Its always been horrible.
Though a third persosn shooter with Co-op play and ofcourse good ghost catcher AI would be great.
Plus town ghost catching modes and the like.

If they can keep everything simple sandboxish and polish all the smaller bits off then it would be great.
I wuldnt hold my breath though.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghost busters is cool and the actors should return for a ghostbusters 3 with a new team of busters and a story based on days after the good success of a Ghostbusters franchise.
NO!

It was actually considered, and they had Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn and the rest of them in mind as replacement Ghostbusters but thankfully it never got made, it just wouldn't be the same.

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
In japan only there was
New Ghost Busters 2 for the NES and Gameboy Color
These games were made by Nintendo's HAL and the GBC one has more levels and better helper AI.
Top down scroller where you zap ghosts and put them in the catcher with the other bottom when your teammate is in place.
Everyone is playable too.

Also theres the good genesis one.

Makes sense to me.

A new game though?
No.
Its always been horrible.
Though a third persosn shooter with Co-op play and ofcourse good ghost catcher AI would be great.
Plus town ghost catching modes and the like.

If they can keep everything simple sandboxish and polish all the smaller bits off then it would be great.
I wuldnt hold my breath though.

Those games also came out in Europe

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More details:
Coming to the PS2, PS3, PC, 360, Wii & DS.

Playstation 2, Wii and DS designed more for families and casual gamers and will be developed by Red Fly Studios who are behind the nice looking Wii/DS title Mushroom Men.

360, PS3 & PC versions are tailored to the "hardcore" gamer and will be by Terminal Reality who are behind BloodRayne 1 & 2, Nocturne & Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797601...oryid=1009&cs=1

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbstaypuft-thumb.jpg

Looks good enough to me!

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to bring ghostbusters toys on the bus with me in kindergarten and play with them. This was like 1988.

I remember there was a homebrew trailer for an unofficial video game a year ago or so and it looked amazing. It looked like GTA.
I just did a search for them and it seems sony had them removed? maybe sony had that team make the new game?

EDIT: Here is one site talking about the videos

http://www.newsgab.com/2007/01/17/unoffici...xbox-360-bound/

note the date!

and here is a forum discussion with links to the videos which have sadly been removed

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138051

however look who removed them! Sony!

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well the video of the ps3/360 version looks promising, but if that's the hardcore game, what are wii owners getting that's family oriented? House of the Dead style on the rails shooter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night