Ghostbusters 3 - Officially Announced

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Hadrian, Sep 5, 2008.

Sep 5, 2008
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah I came in my jeans (I go commando so no pants).

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13523

I hope its better than GB2 though, it wasn't a bad film just that its dated badly unlike the first one I feel. Also if any of the four original Ghostbusters aren't on it, then I don't want it.

2. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Goodness. Talk about long-overdue...

Here's to it being a good film, eh? [​IMG]

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Ugh, Ghostbusters. You made me remember the librarian scene in the first movie. *shudders*

4. jhjsaat

Newcomer jhjsaat Advanced Member

Argentina
    about fragging time! I love the first 2. Now in this time they can do so much more with effects this movie going to rock!

BTW tobad the new game is on delay and may not make it at all! Damn buyouts!

5. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    i wondered how long it would take hadrian to spot this
    to have the original ghostbusters would be too cool [​IMG]

6. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    "I aint frai-do-no ghost"

Damn, I can't wait [​IMG]

7. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    It'll come out, Activision are still pondering it but there are talks with EA. Would've been perfect for EA to have this in place of the now delayed (due to the delay of the film) Harry Potter game but then thats probably why Activision are still pondering it.

8. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
  9. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Hope this turns out to be real. And not that CGI animated movie bullshit they were pondering a while back.

10. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]. It's gonna suck , why can't they just leave it be. I don't want my memories of the others raped by this [​IMG].

11. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Meh, hopefully it'll be better than the second Ghostbusters film. There were episodes of the animated cartoon that had a better plot than that sequel.

12. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    You'll probably be right on this one, one of the original writers, Harold Ramis has said this about the film:

"yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my year one writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing year one and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. not much else to say at this point. everyone is confident a decent script can be written and i guess we'll take it from there.
    best,
    harold"

So yeah they're going back to the idea of a young GB team, there was talk about it several years ago about having Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson & Vince Vaughn being in the frame, which I can't say I want to happen. I don't mind those people but I don't think that they're right for it nor are the usual Apatow crew who are rumoured to be lined up this time around.

13. Frog

Member Frog GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson & Vince Vaughn in ghostbusters... [​IMG]

14. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I agree with Hadrian that GB2 was nowhere as good as the numero uno, but then again, can that be topped? The unique feel to that movie was just something that can never be topped. The visuals, the sound/music, the scary feeling as a kid, BILL MURRAY, the Marshmallow Man...it was all great. The special effects in the time were awesome! Nowadays special effects hardly impress audiences anymore.

So if they want to make it a hit, they have to invest in a rock solid storyline, otherwise the movie will fail miserably. Also it would be a good thing to bring back some characters from the first movie, preferrably with the same visual feel, to give it a bit of a retro-touch...

This is my advise movie people, do with it what you want, it's free [​IMG]