'Ghost Recon Wildlands'-'Splinter Cell' Crossover Teased

splinter cell - ghost recon.JPG

Kept you waiting, huh? (wait... wrong series?!) It's been a while since we've seen Sam Fisher in action but the wait might be soon over, albeit not in a Splinter Cell title.

As part of its second year of post-launch content, Ghost Recon Wildlands is getting a bunch of free updates both for its campaign and its Ghost War PvP mode. Titled "Special Operations", four major updates will be rolling out for owners of the game, with each themed update adding new missions, items, rewards, and community-requested features.

"Special Operations I" is set to launch on April 10, adding a campaign mission and challenge with exclusive rewards. It will also introduce a new PvP game mode, Sabotage, with five exclusive maps as well as a new class and perks. Finally, it will add the ability to customize your AI teammates in the campaign with clothing you've unlocked for your own character.

In a teaser trailer released today for a special operations mission named "The Call", Sam Fisher seems to be making a cameo in Ghost Recon Wildlands. And Michael Ironside is reprising the voice acting of the iconic character!

Ubisoft promises a full briefing on Monday April 9. We will share more details as they are revealed then.

Are you excited about this crossover or would you rather see a new Splinter Cell game?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and im here waiting for a new splinter cell ubisoft cmon, i even bough a 360 just to play conviction.

i got
splinter cell xbox,ps2,ps3(hd trilogy)
pandora tomorow xbox,ps2,ps3(hd trilogy)
chaos theory xbox,ps2,ps3(hd trilogy)
splinter cell essentials psp
double agent ps2,xbox,ps3
convicton xbox360
blacklist ps3

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Plot overview of this game says July 2019, maybe later if this is set some time after the initial title.

According to sources then 1957 is the year one Mr Fisher was born.

Are there many top tier 62 year old operatives?

Reactions: Jonna

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
How weird that they have Michael Ironside to voice this, but didn't get him to for Blacklist.

I still want a new Splinter Cell game, but maybe this is just a nice tide over and maybe we'll see something at E3?

Wishful thinking.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
How weird that they have Michael Ironside to voice this, but didn't get him to for Blacklist.

I still want a new Splinter Cell game, but maybe this is just a nice tide over and maybe we'll see something at E3?

Wishful thinking.

I think they got Michael Ironside back as the backlash they got for dropping him from the previous game being a high reason some people blacklisted (pun intended lol) the previous resulting in poor sales.
Maybe to test the waters to get him eased back into a full fledged Splinter Cell game again. Choose your poison.

Reactions: Jonna

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like this ghost recon... At the beginning it was kinda a simulation on the first games and now its one of the most arcade booring games out there...

Big map nothing to do unless doing the same small things for hundreds of hours please you...

Hope they make a new Splinter Cell instead and I hope it doesn't get more arcade than the last...

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The original Splinter Cell is back and that means a new Splinter Cell game is coming with it. SC without Ironside memorable voice just isn't the same which means Blacklist could have been really good but tanked hard due to the lack of Mr. Michael Ironside's VA.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't like this ghost recon... At the beginning it was kinda a simulation on the first games and now its one of the most arcade booring games out there...

Big map nothing to do unless doing the same small things for hundreds of hours please you...

Hope they make a new Splinter Cell instead and I hope it doesn't get more arcade than the last...
tbh i really didnt like metal gear openworld stuff, i hope next splinter cell isnt open world, i want my levels really, sure make alot of diferent ways to go through the levels, but no open world shit.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also prefer Splinter Cell not being open world since the game has always been immersive and most go to open world but usually physics have a big dropped, it's rushed and usually you spend hundreds of hours doing the same stupid unimportant stuff. Ghost recon is like that always putting a tracker on barrels and other stupid crap all over the place...

The physics of vehicles suck too...

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's so good to see Ironside return to the role of Splinter Cell again! Though that being said, I'm really skeptical about Fisher's appearance in an open world non-linear game. Like MGSV, it could be wildly hit and miss depending on how it's executed.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's so good to see Ironside return to the role of Splinter Cell again! Though that being said, I'm really skeptical about Fisher's appearance in an open world non-linear game. Like MGSV, it could be wildly hit and miss depending on how it's executed.
well for a single mission its not much of a return he?

splinter cell is always about light and shadow sources and hacking, corridors, small streets and such so we have limited movement and places to hide, wich is very hard on open world.

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
well for a single mission its not much of a return he?

splinter cell is always about light and shadow sources and hacking, corridors, small streets and such so we have limited movement and places to hide, wich is very hard on open world.

Yeah, I agree - but this gives us hope that with the rumors of a Splinter Cell game in development, Ironside will return to voice him in the next game. Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon is a bad mix, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning