KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghost-Recon-Online-Arcade-Logo.jpg

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online, which is coming to Wii U around the system's launch, is slated to have in-game purchases, according to a member of the development team.

The game is currently in beta on PC, and shows off a store lets you buy new items with in-game currency that you can earn while playing or you can buy "Ghost Coins" with real-world money. According to our source, this will be nearly identical to how it works on the Wii U.

The developer didn't mention many specifics about the controller, but did make the point to say that you'll be able to hot-switch your weapons and gear between respawns, which is a likely use for the touch screen on the Wii U controller.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online is currently in beta testing on PC. It's been in development on Wii U since approximately March 2011.
:arrow:Source

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Great, we get to buy the game and then if we like it we can buy more of the game.
How will I survive if I ever stop paying?
>in-game currency that you can earn while playing
Oh good I'm glad you read the article

my bad. I thought "buy ghost coins with real-world money" meant real money.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this works like typical PC free2play FPS', then the currency is usually either ridiculously difficult to accumulate, or there will be things that are paid currency only.
Or hell maybe they'll be nice and make ghost coins practically pointless outside of supreme laziness.
EDIT: Btw i'm speaking specifically for the WiiU. PC will be pay2win as per the usual.

Either way is fine with me since GR is terrible anyway.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
What they don't tell you is that you have to play around 500 matches to actually buy anything.

Though was the any need to say "Ghost Recon on the Wii U", it's not exclusively for the Wii U, this news isn't just for the Wii U.
I swear you guys post just about anything that has Wii U in the text.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What they don't tell you is that you have to play around 500 matches to actually buy anything.

Though was the any need to say "Ghost Recon on the Wii U", it's not exclusively for the Wii U, this news isn't just for the Wii U.

Because all their sources are www.nintendosomethingsomethingsomething.com and the dipshits who run these sites never bother pointing out that features on multiplat Wii U games are on every platform.

I'm seriously suggesting that we start limiting our general gaming news sources to multifaceted websites like Eurogamer or, fuck, even IGN. At least when it's a console specific feature they mention it's console specific, they don't throw us a red herring like all these "specialty news sites".

Even if this was "Wii U specific", who the fuck cares. Microtransactions for in game items have been on consoles for a while. Hell I can go buy a Spectre Pack in ME3 for 160 MS Points if I wanted to right now. If anything I thought people would be disgruntled with "rich noobies" able to boost their shit with daddy's credit card instead of actually working for it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Because all their sources are www.nintendosomethingsomethingsomething.com and the dipshits who run these sites never bother pointing out that features on multiplat Wii U games are on every platform.

I'm seriously suggesting that we start limiting our general gaming news sources to multifaceted websites like Eurogamer or, fuck, even IGN. At least when it's a console specific feature they mention it's console specific, they don't throw us a red herring like all these "specialty news sites".

Even if this was "Wii U specific", who the fuck cares. Microtransactions for in game items have been on consoles for a while. Hell I can go buy a Spectre Pack in ME3 for 160 MS Points if I wanted to right now. If anything I thought people would be disgruntled with "rich noobies" able to boost their shit with daddy's credit card instead of actually working for it.
I've searched around, and it seems like this is an exclusive story. It was perfectly well explained in the actual article that this is a multiplatform game. Is it the title you're concerned about, or is there something inherent disreputable about nintendosomethingsomethingsomething.com?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse