Ghost in the Shell trailers

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by T-hug, Sep 22, 2016.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England

Veho likes this.
  2. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Trailer 2:

Veho likes this.
  3. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Here is a proper one:

Veho likes this.
  4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i'm at work, so i can't watch these, but going by the trailer, are they ruining the series or is there a chance for it to be good?

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Assuming you are of the "I want a good film" rather than "I want a shot for shot remake of the cartoon" persuasion they appear to have a nice aesthetic and at least broach some of the ideas covered in the cartoon. The trailers do not give too much away either which is nice (it is a future film in which bodies are repaired with robot parts and brains twiddled with, of course there is going to be a "you might not be what you think you" are villain/subplot). Being trailers I can't tell how much they are going to go in for the issues in the final cut and instead might end up with cheesy action film sprinkled with a few disconnected philosophical elements, but there is a hope. The director, Rupert Sanders, has only the one feature before this (Snow White and the Huntsman), you can watch one of his shorts on vimeo (can't really link the black hole one here as it is nsfw), but the producers have done some good stuff before now and the US rating does seem to be going for R which is nice.

6. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    There is no way in hell this will be a "good" movie. I will watch it, probably even enjoy it, but I do not think this has a snowball's chance in hell at being good.

7. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I dunno I was sceptical too but it looks like a scene for scene remake so it should be as good as the original?
    Looking forward to it either way!

BORTZ likes this.
  8. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    I just hope Motoko's lines from the trailer were recorded for the trailer only and won't appear or sound that way in the movie because they sound SO. FUCKING. CHEESY.

9. KlasseyKreations

KlasseyKreations photon readings negative

Feb 20, 2017
    Portugal
    Hyrule
    Well not sayin it's gonna be bad, but videogame movies dont turn out that great *cough* MarioBros *cough*

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    A film 20 something years ago was bad and that means something today will be bad also? Do we say superhero films do not work because Batman and Robin was bad? Also is this a game film? I thought the original stuff was a comic.

11. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    It's going to be a pile of shit, like every single live action adaption of anime Hollywood farts out. Why? Because it's never made by people who watched/enjoyed the anime. It starts out that way, then some old dudes fill it with your cliché bullshit you see in every action movie.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Mar 4, 2017
  12. KlasseyKreations

KlasseyKreations photon readings negative

Feb 20, 2017
    Portugal
    Hyrule
    Yeah not sayin it's gonna be bad, as some modern takes on comics or games turn out pretty impressive, my point was that it might only appeal comic book readers an gamers and not the "movie audience" still pretty exciting though! :P

Last edited by KlasseyKreations, Mar 14, 2017
  13. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    OP :) this should be a happy day soon.