Hacking Ghost in the machine.

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i have had my wii soft modded, for over three years. after i was finished. every thing ia great i keep it updated using mod mii (thanx xflax). with no problems. one night i had stayed awake playing metriod. l wanted to do like back in the day,(pulling all nighters to beat the game). after that. for two years now my wii will cut on all by itself. at random times. wii connect24 is not on. an you have to manually turn on the wifi. (settings). this is not a big deal. it is a good trick. i just tell my son the ghost are bored cause they can't scare us. so they play the wii.lol. just want to see if this is a problem with soft modding, or a fluke. thanx for help... NO I WILL NOT "RE MODD" I LIKE THE WAY EVERY THING IS SET UP..

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Strange...but you can be assured: in roughly a year that I dwell these forums, I never heard of this happening (in fact, I seriously doubt it is even possible to do...things like this are hardmodded in the system). My guess is that it's a hardware issue. But a few questions:

-when the wii is off, is the light orange or red (in orange, it's on standby).
-does this also happen if you remove the batteries from your wiimotes?
-when the wii turns on...does it stay in that "press A to continue" health screen?

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's red. no batts in wii motes. thought it could be those to. since i have priiloader set to press A, so my lazy butt doesn't have to. it just goes to the menu. lol while typing this it did it again (turned on). it's not like happening every min, or hour. some times it goes for a couple of days or my be a week. just one of those random things.
unsure.gif
it doesn't effect the system at all, as far as i can tell. i just used mod mii to update the cios to the dx2 was on rev17 for the longest.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think its safe to assume that this issue has nothing to due with your softmod and that it's a hardware issue. Now I'm not a hardware person, but maybe try plugging the Wii into a surge protector outlet instead or something... just a guess... probably won't make a difference but it can't hurt

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i think it's hardware, it's not the soft modding. it was doing this way before i started getting deep into the modding. for the first year all i had on the wii was whats on the wiki page ( emulators,) i didn't find out about mod mii until last year, so i've only used it for a year. i like doing things the hard way.( if it's free why pay for it). reason why i was asking this is because i thought it was a hardware issue, so i changed my case to the hot rocks case,an replaced the dvd drive. an it still does it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks