Ghibli Discusses The Another World, Still in Progress

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, May 22, 2009.

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"The latest issue of Famitsu includes an interview with Studio Ghibli president Toshio Suzuki, who discusses the company's collaboration with Level-5 on the development of Ni no Kuni: The Another World. The game, in which you play a boy who is transported to a mysterious world in order to bring his mother back to life, is being made to celebrate Level-5's ten-year anniversary.

According to Suzuki, when Ghibli's entire team is working on a project, they tend to generate about five minutes of high-quality animation per month. Even for animation, that's pretty slow, but it means that the overall quality of the product will be impeccable -- if you've seen any of Ghibli's movies, you'll know that's generally the case.

Studio Ghibli tends to shy away from video games and Level-5 seems to be very lucky to have the chance to work with the animators on The Another World. A composer close to both Level-5 and Ghibli introduced the two at a time when the animation studio had just finished work on its latest piece and, with the absence of nothing better to do, agreed to work on Level-5's game."

Source

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Double negative fail. Looking forward to this game though.

3. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    That's not much. Been some time since the teaser trailer.. time for some _actual_ news.

Nevertheless it's nice to hear something from this game again. I'm still looking forward to it as well. [​IMG]

4. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    thts too much time... i dont think u have to spend tht much time but oh well as long as the game gets released and is gr8

5. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Worth the wait.... Level 5 games are mostly awesome!

6. Toki~

Member Toki~ Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    So very worth the wait, hope it gets an american or european release else i guess i'll be learning japanese. >.>