• Start date
  • Views 3,311
  • Replies 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
Will it be possible to hack GH5 DLC anytime soon do you think?

J/W becuase it's basically the same DLC from GHWT.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly, possibly not. I don't think anyone on this forum has a crystal ball.

If the structure is the same as GHWT, then sooner. If different, then later.

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it might be a bit quicker this time. But I think the OneUp team may need to make a new DLC Channel.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think (hope rather) that you can use it as is, and even with an sdhc card upto 32GB!

I was hoping someone has already tried to get the FREE GHWT update in the shop, and give results.

I can verify that the dlc shows up in the quickplay songs list, but is greyed out. If you try to use it you´re told to get the free update.

Understandably, I´m weary of any updates. I´ve already had my Wii bricked once. I´m not so much worried about that though, as much losing the ability to use the dlc altogether.

Anyway, if anyone has tried the update, PLEASE post results for the benefit of all.

(edit) The reason I think this might work is in the review of the game at IGN. Just skip to the closing comments to see what I mean.

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know when the game's servers will open up? That is, the Music Store and Online for Gameplay? Thanks a lot.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the same note, does anyone know how much the GHWT import is supposed to cost?

I can't find it anywhere and since the store isn't open, I can't exactly check.

Thanks

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I understand, there will be no charge for updated DLC, but there will be a charge for importing GHWT songs from the game disc. I don't know how much that will be . I assume around 500 Nintendo points or something.

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I find it stupid that they're charging for it. I mean, its your game disk and your Wii that's basically doing all the work.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I heard in a preview that you could input a code in the back of GHWT's manual into the Music Shop, and transfer the WT songs over for free. Let me go look for the link.

G4TV's Guitar Hero 5 Preview
00:56 - 01:14

There we are. Music from WT and Greatest Hits are able to be transferred into GH5. *goes to GS to write down some Used Manual Code Numbers*

On a side note: I hope they'll also implement Miis in normal modes in future releases, the way they did with Avatars.

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's pretty freaking awesome. When you find the codes, pass one along this way. Anyone know when the GH5 Music Shop and Online Servers will open up. WHen I go to play online I wait there on the Matchmaking screen and noone ever joins. Then I get the "No people are avaliable message." Is it the servers, or just me. This would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
loony747 said:
I think I heard in a preview that you could input a code in the back of GHWT's manual into the Music Shop, and transfer the WT songs over for free. Let me go look for the link.

G4TV's Guitar Hero 5 Preview
00:56 - 01:14

There we are. Music from WT and Greatest Hits are able to be transferred into GH5. *goes to GS to write down some Used Manual Code Numbers*

On a side note: I hope they'll also implement Miis in normal modes in future releases, the way they did with Avatars.

A few people already stated this earlier and this is old news from 2 months back, everyone is just wondering how much it will cost, because it isn't free.
Hopefully it wont be more than it was importing RB1 to RB2.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
harrypmgaga said:
That's pretty freaking awesome. When you find the codes, pass one along this way. Anyone know when the GH5 Music Shop and Online Servers will open up. WHen I go to play online I wait there on the Matchmaking screen and noone ever joins. Then I get the "No people are avaliable message." Is it the servers, or just me. This would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

The game servers are up, it took ages but I found someone to play. Just noone's playing it yet. The store is down presently.

On other platforms it costs $3.50 but I'm not sure what they'll do since we use wii points. Probably it's just 350 points.

I guess someone will find a wad ticket install method to get them anyway. If not I'm gonna go to a rental place and copy the codes.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My guess is that there will be some way of tracking those codes and they can only be activated once. At least, Nintendo would be stupid if they didn't.

Now I just need the store to open up so I can get on with queuing up the downloads to my 8gig SDHC card (now that it should be supported).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1