GH3 Controller work with Rock Band Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rykin, Jul 18, 2008.

Jul 18, 2008
  1. Rykin
    OP

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've read mixed reports on this. Will the GH3 controller work with the Wii Edition of Rock Band? I also was told that a generic USB microphone will also work with RB. I'd like to know because I already own the GH3 guitars, and I can easily get ahold of the mic. I'm not worried about drums because my GF and I only want the guitar/mic anyway.

If they do work, I can rip a copy of RB rather than buying the $150+ bundle. (Which I wouldn't do- I'd wait for GHWT.)

2. dogman

Member dogman GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    probably not. The Rock Band guitar is USB, while the Guiter Hero is Bluetooth (Wii Controller)...

3. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    When Rock Band loaded, my GH3 controllers were not recognized. Don't know about mics, though.

4. Rykin
    OP

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the prompt replies. I guess I'll just wait for World Tour then. [​IMG]

5. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Damn, I really hate all this retarded incompatibility of the instruments. Seriously, just wtf? They are hurting themselves cause e.g. someone with GH guitar cannnot buy the Rock Band game, which he probably would if the instruments were compatible. No one will buy a second guitar...