Gaming GH3 Controller on RB

crezwell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey peeps, longtime lurker but never felt compelled to post before

We all know the GH3 Wiitar wont work on Rockband right, but is it possible a patch can be created to allow its use once its released? The Wiitar is effectively a glorified Classic Controller, and its possible to play GH3 using just the Wii Remote, so i presume something will be included in Rockband to use the Wii Remote aswell. So if RB goes the Classic Controller route aswell, could the code be edited? Or the Wii Remote code be edited if included?
Just putting it out there.....

Cheers

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I seem to recall one of the Rock Band companies (EA or Harmonix) stating that the RB controllers will not use the Wiimote like GH3 did.
As for a patch, Harmonix and Activision are still blaming each other for incompatibilities in their controllers on other systems and I doubt that it'll be any different on the Wii.

Edit: Found the article:
http://kotaku.com/371716/rock-band-wii-no-...o-ghiii-support

crezwell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure if you getting at that a patch would be possible or not? i know theres a wrangle between the two of them but that doesnt really determine whether the controller code in GH be able to be isolated and converted into the RB iso? I know its a long way off yet but this is the first instance i can think of that a controller patch is pretty vital, at least to me. Hey ill still go out and buy a mic, im not completely cheap
biggrin.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're talking about a pretty massive re-write of part of the core engine of the game. It's not as simple as re-mapping buttons. Of course, we can't even re-map buttons yet, so definitely anything more sophisticated is beyond our reach right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn