osirisFIVE

OP
Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, recent news from Activision states that the moderators of GH Tunes will remove any songs they deem similar to actual songs in the real world with rights.

Now that certainly pops my bubble.
I mean I'm all for the music creation but I don't really want to create ALL my favourite songs.
That'll take up so much time.

So I was wondering whether it would be possible to save your music creations to your SD card, upload it to the web, and let others download it, totally bypassing the GH Tunes service.
I mean if that's the price to pay to get some of my favourite songs (without vocal tracks) then I'll do it.
It's still a lot easier than downloading a modded copy of the original game.

What do you guys think?

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it'll be possible, with access to the SD Card completely open to Homebrew, ISO Backup, etc, and being commonplace for a number of programs to use. Do you really think theyll be able to police EVERY Custom made tho? i cant see how. if i create a rare b-side from The Cribs, are Activision really going to know its a proper song or not just from listening to it?

Be interesting to see if DLC goes the same way aswell, whether there'll be a workaround for getting DLC onto SD Card from other sources f.o.c., or whether Activision will be able to see 'tickets' when you go online of any DLC you've bought? Anyone think thats likely, or if Nintendo would even allow Activision to search your system for proof of purchase?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im sure it will happen. Oh and does anyone know if you get the Music creation with the Wii.
Someone told me that instead of the Music creator we get that crappy Mii thing. Please say we get both, If the Music creation isn't there im getting it for the 360

osirisFIVE

OP
Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Haha, thanks guys. You've given me high hopes for this game.

Well, I've pre-ordered it already and I'm pretty psyched.
Hopefully the use of the SD card would give us access to mod actual songs into the game complete with vocal, guitar, bass, drum tracks.

Something like what Frets on Fire uses right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."