Hacking GH: World Tour black screen with NTSC-J (jap wii)

Wangus8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've tried some searching around with little luck, but please point me into the right direction if I missed something.

I'm trying to get the redempted World Tour backup (NTSC-U) to work on my NTSC-J Wii (currently firmware 3.2J). I WBB it, and I can always see the game appear fine in the channel, but when I click to play the screen goes black no splash pages, not loading things, no sound. The wii is definitely still on (green light, slight noise) but nothing happens indefinitely. I've tried several simple solutions: reburning (several times and different speeds and media), working the iso with WUM, trying it with my wiimote both plugged in and not plugged in to my GH3 guitar, and just unplugging the wii to try again. But nothing has worked yet. Also, although I don't know why it might have helped, but trucha can't open the iso.

Any thoughts? The compat wiki states they tried theirs in a 3.3J wii and I was wondering if I would have to do that as well. And if I did, is there any worry about the update like I know the 3.3U people were panicking about?

Thanks for any help, guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)