GH 5 NTSC disc error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Radirgy Knight, Sep 1, 2009.

Sep 1, 2009

GH 5 NTSC disc error by Radirgy Knight at 3:22 PM (795 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Radirgy Knight
    OP

Newcomer Radirgy Knight Member

United States
    hey hey.

Accidentally patched my system this morning with the System 4.1U update from the GH 5 disc. The actual game won't run.

Got everything that I can tell up to date -- CIOSCorp 3.3, even patched to cIOS rev 14.... tested Indiana Jones and the Staff of Ages right afterwards and it boots perfectly, so I know that it's all good.

did a good slow burn and everything. Did some research and went back the last few weeks (3ish) and it seems like this is a common problem. Haven't tested other Guitar Hero titles but after reading what others have said, will do so shortly.

Thanks in advance!

2. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    well all things considered you made out well...I recall a recent brick warning in regard to using disk updates rather than waninkoko's...So if you managed without a perma brick then thats good news!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=176529

If you have any trouble and can access and use the HBC....I would imagine you could always run waninkoko's updater over top of it (redo the softmod process) and it should overwrite any problematic ios anyway WHATEVER YA DO dont uninstall any IOS bro!

3. Radirgy Knight
    OP

Newcomer Radirgy Knight Member

United States
    Thanks for the link. I tested Guitar Hero: World Tour and it worked perfectly. Me thinks it might be either the update provided on the disc or some other error. Surprised we haven't seen more posts about this game just yet, considering that it has been out on the torrents for a few days.

Edit: My Wii isn't hooked up to the Internet but I'm thinking this will become a common issue once more people have the game and attempt to boot it.

4. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The issue was solved. the reason being is that the game was obviously a "backup" trying to run on an unmodified IOS. Simply put by either using a loader to force an IOS that the backup can play on or installing a "cIOS56" should allow you to play it.