PS1/2 Getting to psn without getting the new firmeare

t_jay17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I found you need to do to connect without getting the update to kill linux.

- run LG5tool.exe

- check the “Firmware Update” box

- click on “Start Proxy” (it will show your IP Address)

- on the PS3 navigate to “network settings -> internet connection settings -> custom”

- choose between wireless and wired

- wireless option only – click scan

- wireless option only – select your wireless connection

- wireless option only – confirm your network name (SSID)

- wireless option only – make your security choice and fill out your username and password

- from the “IP Address Settings” menu choose Automatic

- when prompted to “Set DHCP host name” choose Do Not Set

- from the “DNS Setting” menu choose Automatic

- from the “MTU” menu choose Automatic

- choose Use when prompted about the “Proxy Server”

- type the IP Address showed in LG5Tool

- enable “UPNP”

- test your connection

- Sign into PSN and uncheck the “Firmware Update” box

FullMetalMega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here a alternative if it doesn't work (64bit)/you don't want the pc on all the time: Under network settings have everything like normal.
Change Primary and secondary DNS to 67.202.81.137

I'm not sure why but it works.
ph34r.gif

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
ZeWarrior said:
AerialX said:
Thanks for, y'know, sourcing that.

It works because I made it work
tongue.gif

It's explained a few times in that thread how and why it works, as well as how to make your own with different tools than a/the proxy mentioned above.

You act as if you were the one who originally found that, but I highly doubt that.
Uh, no I'm not? Just saying that's not just some magical number, it's my server; my bandwidth that thousands of people are using to get onto PSN with.

And being helpful considering myself and many others have posted in that thread about how to recreate it at home as an alternative to the proxy apps.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you're saying that's not the original post? Yes it is, look at the time of the post; I posted that about two hours after the update was released, before RDX and Mathieulh tweeted about it, which was the first publication of it. I'd originally set it up a little bit after the update came out, and just kept it to IRC for the first while until I decided to actually post it somewhere.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
ZeWarrior said:
AerialX said:

tongue.gif

It's explained a few times in that thread how and why it works, as well as how to make your own with different tools than a/the proxy mentioned above.

You act as if you were the one who originally found that, but I highly doubt that.
Uh, no I'm not? Just saying that's not just some magical number, it's my server; my bandwidth that thousands of people are using to get onto PSN with.

And being helpful considering myself and many others have posted in that thread about how to recreate it at home as an alternative to the proxy apps.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you're saying that's not the original post? Yes it is, look at the time of the post; I posted that about two hours after the update was released, before RDX and Mathieulh tweeted about it, which was the first publication of it. I'd originally set it up a little bit after the update came out, and just kept it to IRC for the first while until I decided to actually post it somewhere.
I appreciate what your doing. Works like a champ, Thanks

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
AerialX said:
ZeWarrior said:
AerialX said:

tongue.gif

Yeah, I realized that after. My mistake.

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
Judging by his twitter page I don't think he really gives a shit. He may never release it forcing individuals to shell out more money to sony or update the fat ps3. I hope sony gets whacks coming to them.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I updated. Sick of waiting for people to do stuff. Geohot already had that CFW ready anyway, he just wasn't releasing it, probably because of all the moaners on Twitter and stuff.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Well, I updated. Sick of waiting for people to do stuff. Geohot already had that CFW ready anyway, he just wasn't releasing it, probably because of all the moaners on Twitter and stuff.
Oh, I'm sure that's why he won't release it. It's also a great reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands