Hacking Getting Sound Files off of a Wii game

Byronic Hero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have this game and I also downloaded the iso (Shocking! I actually owned the game before I downloaded it) and I want to know if there is a way to get some sound files off of it. The Game is Def Jam Rapstar, basically Karaoke Revolution for people who like Rap, and I want to get the "Freestyle Tracks" off of it, because there is nowhere else you can get them.

Can anybody help me?

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
sound.bin
sound.bin also has an IMD5 header. Currently, three sound.bin formats have been discovered.

Format Hex Identifier Description
BNS 0x42 0x4E 0x53 0x20 (BNS ) Similar to the brstm format, always in the NGC-DSP ADPCM format, supports having an intro sound and a loop point.
WAV 0x52 0x49 0x46 0x46 (RIFF) Standard wav/(16 bit) PCM format, supports having an intro sound and a loop point using the tool Wavosaur (PC). Can be LZ77 compressed.
AIFF 0x46 0x4F 0x52 0x4D (FORM) Standard AIFF/PCM format, only plays once. Can be LZ77 compressed.

Byronic Hero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying that method but cant seem to find "Partition 2" on any ISOs that I own. All I can find are "Partition 0" and "Partition 1" but only on a select few.

Any reason for that?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Byronic Hero said:
I'm trying that method but cant seem to find "Partition 2" on any ISOs that I own. All I can find are "Partition 0" and "Partition 1" but only on a select few.

Any reason for that?

Partition 2 -> Second partition on the game ISO -> "Partition 1."

Good luck. The usage of VGMStream is pretty simple, so you shouldn't have any problems with it.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The screenshot is microscopic but it looks like you're using a scrubbed ISO so the first partition that's usually there (i.e. non-essential stuff like disc updates etc) isn't there. I don't wish to sound rude but since you appear to only have one partition to choose from then I'd politely suggest that it's pretty obvious where you need to look for the audio files. Please don't just blindly follow a guide, some common sense is required
smile.gif

Also, bear in mind that the guide is just that: a guide. It won't cover every single permutation out there. You may find that the audio files are not easy to find, won't convert, are packed in some weird proprietary way, are named using some really random filenames or a whole host of other things. Game manufacturers don't have to adhere to any rules in terms of how they name files or pack data on a disc.

My advice would be that if it takes more than 5 minutes and you still can't find anything that resembles an audio file then just leave it. Seriously. Life is just waaaay too short.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Taking more time to load the page than to fire up the paper towel is an issue
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Females have burnt me worse