Hacking Getting rid of junk data on the Wii.

Robotic Earthlin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In AnyTitle Deleter Mod, in the Installed Channel Titles section, there are about 12 entries that are listed as unknown, and I don't have that many channels installed, so I think they're just left over from channels I used to have and are taking up space. But I don't know how to figure out which ones are junk and which ones I'm still using. Anyone know? Thanks.

Megacherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leave them, I think they're what make up the 80 bad blocks of system memory. They come with all Wiis (as a standard feature
rolleyes.gif
), so they're harmless, and deleting them could possibly brick your Wii

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
if you give the title IDs, maybe it would be more helpful
there is no way to know if this is really junk otherwise

PS: these are NOT related to memory bad blocks at all, you cannot "delete" bad blocks. Invalid memory blocks just reduce the size of the available NAND ; They do not belong to the File System anymore (those are "lost" blocks) and certainly won't be listed as titles.

Robotic Earthlin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It would seem to me that if they're standard with all Wiis they shouldn't be listed as "unknown" though, right?

Some of the IDs are USBC (pretty sure this one is from an old USB loader forwarder), SSYQ, BDMJ, AWAD, BZKU, BCLA, SMXW, BWGL, and BJSB. I thought there might be some app to do it but if it has to be done manually then that's fine.

A few months ago I was also having issues with channels not installing properly and channels disappearing, which is another reason I suspect there may be leftover junk data. But I can take people's word for it if they're sure.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you used wad manager to install them then use it to uninstall them.
select the wad on your sd in wadmanager 1.4 that you want to delete,
select uninstall instead of install.

Run through everything you dont use anymore that you know you have installed and voila.

if wadmanager gives you errors it normaly means that you have already deleted that title.

worked for me.

Robotic Earthlin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I know about the WAD uninstallation thing. I remembered people saying deleting channels was fine, so that's what I did. I now know I need to use WAD manager to uninstall them.

But none of that helped me because I didn't keep all the channel WADs that I ever used and don't know how to find the WADs that I did use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol