Hacking Getting rid of everything?

gaehentohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A while ago, I installed cIOS on System Menu 3.4. The app that depended on it never worked, and I don't need it anyway. I'ld like to update to firmware 4.1, deleting cIOS and every other installed thing, only leaving the Homebrew Channel and BootMii. Would just updating do this (I could always reinstall HBC or BootMii) or do I have to do something else?

Thanks.

PS: I tried this tutorial, but it was for 3.2. http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
update via nintendo which will overwrite you IOS's.
use anytitledeleter to delete old tickets and unwanted channels [careful with this app tho]
then run the hackmii installer and install hbc and bootmii.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SpiralArms said:
Great, worked perfectly. However, how do I tell which old tickets to delete and where do I delete them from?

Probably nothing you should worry about. Are there any other wad channels you installed that you didn't remove through wad manager?

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to jump into this one - buit what if your already on 4.1e and want to overwrite all the IOS? Obviously you can't upgrade via Ninty?

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or
download NUS Downloader > Download the systemmenu 4.1 of your region > Before you do that Click on pack as WAD > install that WAD.
Worked for me when I had a bannerbrick on my april '09 Wii.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
Or
download NUS Downloader > Download the systemmenu 4.1 of your region > Before you do that Click on pack as WAD > install that WAD.
Worked for me when I had a bannerbrick on my april '09 Wii.

...That wouldn't get rid of a banner brick. Uninstalling the bad wad that CAUSED the bannerbrick would get rid of it. Reinstalling a system menu that you are already on would do nothing but get rid of preloader if you had it. And if that was all you had and you really did have a banner brick, you would have just screwed yourself over.

Also that has nothing to do with IOS's at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: