Hacking Getting RajNX without jig on 3.0, possible?

MalayZN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone,
so I have a 3.0 Switch with Fat32 support, I want to upgrade to EXFAT 3.0 and also get RajNX working,
is there anyway to do this without jumping the pin on my switch / using a jig?
Thanks.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Everyone,
so I have a 3.0 Switch with Fat32 support, I want to upgrade to EXFAT 3.0 and also get RajNX working,
is there anyway to do this without jumping the pin on my switch / using a jig?
Thanks.
Sure. You can corrupt your NAND using an external programmer. This will cause the Switch to enter RCM. This is what AutoRCM does

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will eventually be a way of launching CFW on 3.0.0 without using a jig, and once that releases you'll probably be able to use ChoiDujourNX to get exfat support

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much easier and safer is to use a wire.
Using a paperclip with the correct dimensions makes it so the jig fits into place without any guesswork, so I'd argue the paperclip is easier. It's also as safe as using a wire, assuming you're not applying pressure to the jig.

But, either option will work.

MalayZN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone,
I think i will wait, i am in no rush, i have most homebrew on my psvita for now snes emulator is my main driver but I eventually just want to only carry my switch around.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using a paperclip with the correct dimensions makes it so the jig fits into place without any guesswork, so I'd argue the paperclip is easier.
If you just use a wire, you don't need any time for preperation. Bending a paperclip needs a lot more time. Maybe it won't damage it, if you use the 'correct' dimensions, but how would you know that your dimensions are correct? I'm sure a lot of people who tried it with a paperclip did not succeed on the first try. With a wire, you cannot fail. Just take out one of the screws of the rail and put the wire in there. Then you just have to touch one pin. You can see the pin and the wire. No chance that this can go wrong.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just use a wire, you don't need any time for preperation. Bending a paperclip needs a lot more time. Maybe it won't damage it, if you use the 'correct' dimensions, but how would you know that your dimensions are correct? I'm sure a lot of people who tried it with a paperclip did not succeed on the first try. With a wire, you cannot fail. Just take out one of the screws of the rail and put the wire in there. Then you just have to touch one pin. You can see the pin and the wire. No chance that this can go wrong.
Considering the trial and error involved with using a wire for the first time, not to mention the process of screwing and unscrewing the rail, the wire is probably going to take a comparable amount of time, if not longer. As for the correct dimensions, they're in the thread I linked to. It should also be noted that a lot of people don't want to take screws out of their Switch systems, and paper clips might be more readily available than wires and the proper screwdrivers.

Again, both methods work.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering the trial and error involved with using a wire for the first time
Oh. I'm sorry for you. Are you handycapped? A normal person should be able to touch a pin with a wire on the first try without an error. What was so difficult for you?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I'm sorry for you. Are you handycapped? A normal person should be able to touch a pin with a wire on the first try without an error. What was so difficult for you?
I didn't claim to have any problem using the wire. Having used both methods, I can say they're both easy, but the average user seems to prefer the paperclip for many of the reasons I've already listed. We're also talking about someone who really doesn't seem like he's inclined to want to unscrew things on his Switch.

There's also no reason to get catty.

Last edited by Lacius,

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't claim to have any problem using the wire.
Oh, sorry. You were talking about trial and error and I thought you tried and failed.

the average user seems to prefer the paperclip for many of the reasons I've already listed
Yes, but what average people do is most of the time not the best way to do things (not limited to this topic, this is true for everything)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but what average people do is most of the time not the best way to do things (not limited to this topic, this is true for everything)
I thought we were talking about what was easier for the average user who is fearful of using jigs to enter RCM.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought we were talking about what was easier for the average user who is fearful of using jigs to enter RCM.
Easier is the wire, of course. You cannot fail. You cannot damage your switch. Even if you bend the paperclip according to the instructions, it can fail if you are not a perfect bender. This could also damage your switch. When you put in the paperclip, you can hardly see if you are touching the right pins and you have to touch two of them. With the wire, you can clearly see what you are doing making it impossible to fail and you only need to touch one pin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"