Getting pokemon Emerald save from vba-m to work with M3 Real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Dko, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Dko
    OP

Newcomer Dko Newbie

United States
    I've been trying for a few days to successfully copy my save from Visual Boy Advance-m to my flash cart (M3 DS real, with firmware v4.9a X) but to no avail. My biggest problem is that when I load the game it says the save is corrupt and uses the old save data. Which I have no idea where that is being stored as it's obviously not in the *.sav file. I've tried loading the save in no$gba (Set to raw saving), re saving and then loading it into the flash card, but still the same problem. But if I did the same thing with a pure no$gba save (one created in no$gba) then that save loads fine. But I can't do what I want to do with that emulator (it sucks).

Can someone please help me with this problem? I've seen other threads on the topic here, but they all had links to information that's either gone or apparently has nothing to do with getting VBA saves to work with a M3 DS real card.

2. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    I have seen many people ask this same question before, but I don't think it's possible to get the Emerald save to work. It seems that you can use GBATA to fix the clock in Ruby and Sapphire, but not in Emerald.

But for what it's worth, try this and skip to "Step 4. Transferring VBA-M .sav Files to M3 Sakura". If it still doesn't work, then you're probably out of luck [​IMG]

3. Dko
    OP

Newcomer Dko Newbie

United States
    That's one of the link's I've clicked before. It might be me, but the only step four I see is this-
    '4. e-mail your translated file to panasoft@163.com.'

4. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States

5. Dko
    OP

Newcomer Dko Newbie

United States
    Thank you very much. The method worked (I wasn't deleting the other files.). [​IMG]