Mikolaj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
I'm rather young in the PS4 JB scene (whereas pretty nicely experienced in PC and Switch hacking) and I have a question:
Is it possible to export original games PKGs and their original updates? I mean legit/encrypted games bought on the PSN and that are installed on my console internal HDD.
While it looks possible to download the legal/encrypted updates from Orbispatches dot com, it's a bit more difficult for the base games.
I heard about the Al-Azif method quite some times ago, that allowed to download the original purchased PKGs directly from SEN. This method just doesn't work anymore today...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I remember doing this on PS3, setting up a proxy on the computer, routing the console to go through the proxy, and then you will be able to see what files are being downloaded.

FLRIZDARKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello,
I'm rather young in the PS4 JB scene (whereas pretty nicely experienced in PC and Switch hacking) and I have a question:
Is it possible to export original games PKGs and their original updates? I mean legit/encrypted games bought on the PSN and that are installed on my console internal HDD.
While it looks possible to download the legal/encrypted updates from Orbispatches dot com, it's a bit more difficult for the base games.
I heard about the Al-Azif method quite some times ago, that allowed to download the original purchased PKGs directly from SEN. This method just doesn't work anymore today...
So, if your games have been installed on your HDD at some point there might be a chance of your licenses still being there. If yes, check via FTP or PS4Xplorer, in /system_data/priv/license . Check the db files. If you still have them you can redownload them and continue using them (you will also find links in entitlements.db).

If not, there is no reason to install retail pkg as the license is not there.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
On PS3 there was a method to export the CDN links of purchased games through the PC browser. But since the PSN is not available anymore on PC, I guess that's not an option.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the entitlement.db will contain json/xml files that have the download links for games you've bought. if you've formatted, it'll be gone though.

• Wow
Reactions: cearp

Mikolaj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wasn't expecting anymore about this topic. So, thanks for your answers. Anyway, things have evolved since.

I managed to copy my legal pkgs directly from my PS4 to my PC by FTP. I also got the links to download them directly from PSN if required, they were embedded in an associated json file for each game.

Well, my actual problem is not there anymore. I was new to PS4 hack scene when I jailbroke my console in december. I made a backup of my games/account with the 'regular' SONY feature from the console to an external exFAT HDD. I then installed a larger 2TB internal HDD in my console, fully reinstalled FW 9.00 and restored my data.
However, my entitlements.db was totally wiped during the process... Hex-editing it shows that it's almost blank.

So, I actually have 1 game that is probably lost forever as I couldn't find any available fpkg to "replace" it (CUSA07695 LocoRoco 2 Remastered, EUR version). While I can still install the retail/encrypted pkg with the pkg install GoldHEN feature, the game fails to boot and asks for upgrading to the latest FW in order to be able to connect to PSN and restore my license. :D I think the official SONY backup process intentionally wiped my licences to force a re-authentication on the next device on which it would be restored.

At this point I replugged the original HDD in my PS4, and while the entitlements.db was wiped I deleted all my original games except this one, and I managed to make backups of all the files that were still present on the HDD. So, actually, I have various files related to this game (rif, idx, pfs.pbm, related playgo folder, and so on) that "I think" can still be of any help. I'm pretty convinced that it's possible to restore "offline" the license for this game. I just don't know how to do it...

Last edited by Mikolaj,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't expecting anymore about this topic. So, thanks for your answers. Anyway, things have evolved since.

I managed to copy my legal pkgs directly from my PS4 to my PC by FTP. I also got the links to download them directly from PSN if required, they were embedded in an associated json file for each game.

Well, my actual problem is not there anymore. I was new to PS4 hack scene when I jailbroke my console in december. I made a backup of my games/account with the 'regular' SONY feature from the console to an external exFAT HDD. I then installed a larger 2TB internal HDD in my console, fully reinstalled FW 9.00 and restored my data.
However, my entitlements.db was totally wiped during the process... Hex-editing it shows that it's almost blank.

So, I actually have 1 game that is probably lost forever as I couldn't find any available fpkg to "replace" it (CUSA07695 LocoRoco 2 Remastered, EUR version). While I can still install the retail/encrypted pkg with the pkg install GoldHEN feature, the game fails to boot and asks for upgrading to the latest FW in order to be able to connect to PSN and restore my license. :D I think the official SONY backup process intentionally wiped my licences to force a re-authentication on the next device on which it would be restored.

At this point I replugged the original HDD in my PS4, and while the entitlements.db was wiped I deleted all my original games except this one, and I managed to make backups of all the files that were still present on the HDD. So, actually, I have various files related to this game (rif, idx, pfs.pbm, related playgo folder, and so on) that "I think" can still be of any help. I'm pretty convinced that it's possible to restore "offline" the license for this game. I just don't know how to do it...
there's no way to get the license back if you formatted aside from updating. there probably won't be a way, but I think you might be able to inject it as long as the account id is the same.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember doing this on PS3, setting up a proxy on the computer, routing the console to go through the proxy, and then you will be able to see what files are being downloaded.
that works too. ;) though, you'll have to do it on another console, since you'd have to be signed in to psn to access your library, when you might as well put the content on an external hdd, then use goldhen to get the content to be read on lower firmware. I'm pretty sure that's how games are still being released even though we're blocked. you can even use an external hdd from ps4 to ps5. I think my friend @Glyptofane did that with his systems, and he hasn't exploited them. @Hayato213 might've done it as well, not sure.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I told al azif about accidentally deleting the license to play room. there's an option in debug settings to access your content, see title ids, etc., and I didn't know what it meant by delete entitlement. I thought it was only going to delete the update, since it was corrupted for some reason, but it actually removed the license. I reinjected it, since I had a backup of all of my licenses. she said that worked, because the license for play room is the same for all consoles (i.e. free). I don't know if that means game license will or won't work if you inject them after a format. you might know?

edit: I did fix the problem, installed the latest update which requires 2.00 firmware iirc, and installed a couple of dlc for my troubles. :P

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm pretty convinced that it's possible to restore "offline" the license for this game. I just don't know how to do it...
I believe so too, I recently upgraded my PS4's hdd, and was reading about people trying to restore their purchased content licenses via ftp backups, but no one had success from what I could see.
Good luck!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is you need a legit license, which we don't know how to make. it's probably made the same way: act.dat, idps, rif key. there are rifs on the console, but they contain user information, so you can only use them between consoles if it's the same account. that's what the act.dat does. it's part of the account process where act probably stands for "activate." I don't know how the idps factors in or if it even does on the ps4 considering the games work on another console with the same account. I just have no idea. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16