Gaming Getting old Pokemon into D/P

arover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Along with looking around and trying to think of ways to do such without buying a flash cart that goes in Slot 1 of the DS...

I was wondering if you guys could think of any way to transfer Pokemon from a GBA retail FireRed cart to...a copy of Pearl being run off a Supercard CF...I'd guy out and buy the game now, except it's not on shelves yet, and I don't feel like waiting. And I don't think there's any way to transfer a save onto a retail DS cart, so...I want to play with pokemon from the old games...buttt...I don't know how I'd accomplish that without buying either a Slot 1 flash cart or the retail copy of the game, neither of which I can do right now. Anyone have any suggestions?

arover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How could I link the gba rom to the rom in my SC CF at the same time, since the SC CF runs in the GBA slot of the DS. In order to transfer a firered, or any gba pokemon to the new DS games, you need to be playing on your Pearl/Diamond copy, and have the gba game in the gba slot of the DS at the same time, at least I THINK that's how it goes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

stupidkrazykarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my understanding that the Passme was designed to work forwards--not backwards. (Same with flashme although maybe not WifiMe)

I doubt you'll be able to copy it through the computer.

But I think the in game PalPark should work depending on the compatibilty with the S1 card.

I know that the new R4 Kernel added some Slot2 something--and so it wouldn't suprise me to see a feature added to M3.

arover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not the Passme though, it's the Programmer that you can order with the passme that connects via USB and allows DS carts to be put into it. The problem in my case however, is that my SC CF is slot 2. So is my pokemon FireRed game. So how would I be able to have both in the DS at once in order to get the Pearl on my SC CF to read my FireRed...which only fits in the same port lol. Looks like I'll have to just transfer the save and buy a retail Pearl. Can someone confirm the programmer will work?

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the GBA Union function. In the Supercard patcher there's an option which lets you make the DS game think that such and such game is in Slot 2.

arover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THAT'S the answer I was looking for. Thank you so much =) I was wondering if there was something like that.
bow.gif

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How would this work with people with slot 1 flash cards? I have M3 Lite but I play my games on my M3 Simply.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard the m3 supports nds-gba link. anyone try it? my bro uses the m3 lite.

It will only work on sertin games, you can however hack (hex edit) the managers exe fine, and change the name of the games. Sadly that will only work if the two dumps are the same size as the supported game.

GIVE US AN UPDATE M3 TEAM!

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How would this work with people with slot 1 flash cards? I have M3 Lite but I play my games on my M3 Simply.
I know on EZ4 you'd just copy the game to the NOR memory, and then it would be detected as whatever that game was. But I don't know a lot about the slot-2 M3 sorry - does it have some sort of internal memory you can copy roms to?

celentt

Trophies
XP
Country
this is what I'll be trying to do, transfer my pokemons from Sapphire via Supercard Lite -> my M3 Simply

my sapphire savegames are in VBA.

anyone got any pointers?

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the GBA Union function. In the Supercard patcher there's an option which lets you make the DS game think that such and such game is in Slot 2.

can you get the R4 to think the same???
unsure.gif
Not unless you had one of these three things:

1. The original cart
2. An old style GBA flashcart that had no ROM selection menu (or had that option)
3. Witchcraft

If you had a slot 2, then... off the top of my head, use the slot 2 card and get the save like that (I'm pretty sure most slot 2 cards have the GBA Union or equivalent feature) and then transfer the save to your slot 1. e.g. if you had a SCL and an R4, then you get your Pokemon rom onto your SCL, do the Union, get the Pokemon, then use the R4 save convertor then put that onto your R4. Might be a better way, but this should work.

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GBA Union in Supercard has some strange problems... you can actually use the gba rom and the nds rom together, but theres a weird problem: you can actually use one save, either the nds one or the gba one. That is because of the naming, they have to be exact the same -> lol.gba lol.nds and lol.sav
however, you can't put the second lol.sav on there because there is already such a file..., havent yet found a workaround about that, if anyone knows, tell the world please
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou