notchristopher

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm upgrading to a 120gig harddrive for my Xbox. Only have a 10gig now and it's full. How do I get all my save games, DLC, movies and musice over to my new HDD? Any help/tips are appreciated.

ricky23i

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
notchristopher said:
I'm upgrading to a 120gig harddrive for my Xbox. Only have a 10gig now and it's full. How do I get all my save games, DLC, movies and musice over to my new HDD? Any help/tips are appreciated.
I think a transfer kit comes with the 120gb if bought in a retail store but you can call MS to get it.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way is with the Microsoft migration kit. If you're buying a clone or making a BEVS 120GB, then you won't be getting one. If you know anyone with an in-warranty elite (even if they opened it, as M$ won't know), you could ask them nicely to call up Microsoft and get a free kit.

The way to do it without the kit is to hook the drive up to your PC via the sata interface directly on the hard drive (opening up the shell), or with an external connection tool (migration kit cable, Datel XSATA, etc.) From there, you can try copying over the files from the old partitions, and copying them over to the new ones. The programs that you do it with (xplorer360, XPort 360) have been known to hang on certain files though, so you'll have to be actively watching the progress, and dragging over a few folders at a time while identifying problematic files.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought the retail 120gb drives come with the connectivity kit? My cousin bought a 120gb and it came with some disc and the cable and you have to use the disc to start the transfer process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.