Misc Getting my DS Lite with a Supercard DSTWO online

Jac Falcon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a DS Lite and a Supercard DSTWO, and I'm looking to get it online. Our house has a WPA2 secured router and of course we don't wanna switch it over to WEP.

PART ONE
What is the cheapest solution for something I can buy (router or USB adaptor or something) to create a WEP network for my DS? Can I buy an old cheap router and plug it in to the existing router (from Century Link) or buy a USB network adaptor and set up some kind of ad hoc from my computer?

PART TWO
I know Nintendo took down the online servers for their NDS and Wii games, but I heard there was some servers people made to play online still. Once I get things up and running for internet with WEP, what do I need to do to get on those servers?

THANKS!

EDIT: Removed the question about firmware possibilities, as it was answered as not being possible.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cause of no more WFC you can only connect on the private server which supports only a small number of games.
And Wifi dongles won't work cause they only support WPA2(If you're thinking to make a Virutal Router) so the only way is to get a new router(I think you would need a separate one + 2 different brand might cause issues)
Now idk about Hotspots with Android phones but i don't think that you can emulate a WEP connection with those.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any Tuts for this tho?

I kinda wanna try it out was really Bummed when the big N cut off their Servers cant count the hours upon hours i played Tetris DS online

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i forgot to say one thing, the method i used...

if you have a latptop and can connect it to your router using ethernet cable you can make a bridge connection... howver someone explain how to make it work because i just used the streetpass relay linux tutorials on gbatemp for make it more simple xD

Jac Falcon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removed the question about firmware possibilities, as it was answered as not being possible. But I'm still wondering if there's an Android app for WEP or if I can set up a second, cheap router. And if anyone knows how to hook up to those custom servers...

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any Tuts for this tho?

I kinda wanna try it out was really Bummed when the big N cut off their Servers cant count the hours upon hours i played Tetris DS online
http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-nin...e-online-servers-for-ds-and-wii-games.362717/

and this

https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki

Requires a flashcard due to the patching process of ds games. It is also possible through emulator but i use actual hardware so i have no idea how that works.

And a heads up. Tetris DS does work online for this. Good luck trying to find anyone online to play it though.

AtomicScrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a DS Lite and a Supercard DSTWO, and I'm looking to get it online. Our house has a WPA2 secured router and of course we don't wanna switch it over to WEP.

PART ONE
What is the cheapest solution for something I can buy (router or USB adaptor or something) to create a WEP network for my DS? Can I buy an old cheap router and plug it in to the existing router (from Century Link) or buy a USB network adaptor and set up some kind of ad hoc from my computer?

PART TWO
I know Nintendo took down the online servers for their NDS and Wii games, but I heard there was some servers people made to play online still. Once I get things up and running for internet with WEP, what do I need to do to get on those servers?

THANKS!

EDIT: Removed the question about firmware possibilities, as it was answered as not being possible.

One, get a wireless adapter and create a network with WEP.
Two, you need patched games that can bypass Nintendo WFC check, and Youtube. Watch some videos.
I'm out.

huzzarisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiimmfi.de

It's one of the private servers. You'll need to modify your ROMs using the software provided but given how you're using a DSTwo this should be no problem for you.

There is another server but it doesn't have many players and on occasion the servers go down and they switch IP address. Use this link to visit their distro site which includes instructions to getting online. You should also visit them on IRC: irc.rizon.net #altwfc to get a link to the stats page to see who is online.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just set up another old router that I hooked up to my primary for internet and set it to use WEP encryption. I just got it working today but it's a little bit slower than using the primary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s