Getting metroid trilogy to work on vwii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're using usb loader gx, disable emunand support (if using it). I tested the game again yesterday after playing my favorite game dkc returns. before doing that, metroid primes 1 and 2 seemed to work without a problem, but metroid prime 3 would restart my system randomly at boot up. now, it works every time. and, I can get out of the games with wiimote as well, which takes me back to usb loader gx. I mentioned this as being a problematic game to @blackb0x , who's now taken the lead as developer of the project after @Cyan retired from it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that doesn't work, try selecting "use alt dol." then, the option below it will allow you to boot each one of the games individually.

Goos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you're using usb loader gx, disable emunand support (if using it). I tested the game again yesterday after playing my favorite game dkc returns. before doing that, metroid primes 1 and 2 seemed to work without a problem, but metroid prime 3 would restart my system randomly at boot up. now, it works every time. and, I can get out of the games with wiimote as well, which takes me back to usb loader gx. I mentioned this as being a problematic game to @blackb0x , who's now taken the lead as developer of the project after @Cyan retired from it.
uhm i dont know what usb loader gx is. I use wup installer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone else had this problem with that vc game. however, the restarting of the system can't be helped. that's how the vwii reacts with vc games. it's not fixable afaik.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually bought trilogy, and mine does the same thing. if you don't want it to do that, the only way really is to hack the vwii, then have it go back to something like usb loader gx. however, the system will restart when you try to go back to the wii u home menu just like it always does with a vwii vc game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, you'll have to use a wbfs version of the game in this instance. it will use the same saves as the vc version too, so your saves won't be lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one