Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
okay, so my premodded psp came today and i was wondering, how do you get homebrew to run? evertime i put it into the GAME,150 or 371 folder, it comes up as corrupted data. is it a setting in the homebrew that it only works on certain firmware? anyway, my point is, help!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
okay, so my premodded psp came today and i was wondering, how do you get homebrew to run? evertime i put it into the GAME,150 or 371 folder, it comes up as corrupted data. is it a setting in the homebrew that it only works on certain firmware? anyway, my point is, help!

what custom firmware are you running?? 5.00 M33-3 is the latest
smile.gif

I usually put my homebrew in the GAME folder but it does not matter greatly

one common cause of CORRUPT data is having a FOLDER WITHIN A FOLDER to resolve this is just to have it in just the 1 folder ..

eg homebrew1\EBOOT.PBP inside the folder called GAME on the PSP
smile.gif

and not homebrew1\homebrew1\EBOOT.PBP this will show as corrupt data!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
um okay. but i want to have multiple homebrew on. to be exact, Homer's RIN, NesterJ, gpSP, PSP MAME and snes9xTYL. now inside these folders, there are many folders that each other folder has. so, my problem here is, how do i put many emulators on the one card.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
yea, i know this, but some of the homebrews have folders with the same names. eg, Homer's RIN has a rom folder. MAME PSP has a rom folder too. if i try to put this on, it asks to overwrite. see my point?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
then do it like this:
game\mame\roms
game\mame\eboot.pbp
game\rin\roms
game\rin\eboot.pbp

that should work.
tough what wouldn't work is game\emu\mame\eboot.pbp

atleast, that's what i understand from the previous posts here.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Are you sure you're running CFW? What version?

The only other thing I can think of is if you have a Slim and you're trying to run 1.5 homebrew... or if you have a Phat without the kernel add-on.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
okay, yes your right. i have a slim. my system software says 3.71 M33-4. i dont know what to do. now, can you get better results with this info? and i know i have custom firmware because i've gotten iso's running. but now i want to get homebrew emulators running.
EDIT: I got gpSP and NesterJ to show up but when i try to run gpSP it says the game could not be started. i've encountered this error message before and i fixed it. thats the problem. the game could not be started problem is fixed and it still cant run on little homebrew. could it be the gbabios? if so, could someone link me one that they have gotten it working with.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
okay, yes your right. i have a slim. my system software says 3.71 M33-4. i dont know what to do. now, can you get better results with this info? and i know i have custom firmware because i've gotten iso's running. but now i want to get homebrew emulators running.
EDIT: I got gpSP and NesterJ to show up but when i try to run gpSP it says the game could not be started. i've encountered this error message before and i fixed it. thats the problem. the game could not be started problem is fixed and it still cant run on little homebrew. could it be the gbabios? if so, could someone link me one that they have gotten it working with.

google0dw.gif
please don't ask for BIOS roms here they too fall under the ROMS category!

try updating to CFW 5.00 M33-3 and see if they work correctly ... Im using this firmware and they work fine with mine
smile.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh... i bought my psp premodded so i dont really know how to do custom firmware. i know about the pandora battery but i dont think the battery was hard modded. one of my friends mods psp but he cant be stuffed anymore. so all in all, i dont know how to mod psp's
okay, after reading a bit via google, all i neeed to do is download official 5.00, put it into the update foldeer and i should be fine? but the thing is, do i need a pandora battery/memstick to upgrade my CFW?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
okay... im going to update now... please let it work!
oh and quick thing but i dont have the official 5.00 installed. so i put 500.pbp in the update folder. now its being run and after seeing a few youtube vids, it didnt look like cfw when finished.
okay, now im 5.00 M33-3. now the h-brew isnt showing up. what did i do?!?!?
k, more edit, i have 2 mem sticks btw, one for isos, one for emu's. i put the other one in and my games are showing up. the odd thing is that the h-brew isnt. now what?
okay got it showing up. gpSP still cant run. man this is getting annoying...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
okay... im going to update now... please let it work!
oh and quick thing but i dont have the official 5.00 installed. so i put 500.pbp in the update folder. now its being run and after seeing a few youtube vids, it didnt look like cfw when finished.
okay, now im 5.00 M33-3. now the h-brew isnt showing up. what did i do?!?!?
k, more edit, i have 2 mem sticks btw, one for isos, one for emu's. i put the other one in and my games are showing up. the odd thing is that the h-brew isnt. now what?
okay got it showing up. gpSP still cant run. man this is getting annoying...

this is my directory listing for my gbSP_mod

directorysud5.jpg

incase your wondering the the colored media player icons labelled exception and system buttons these are just the normal .dat files but associated with my windows media player.... your icons for those files may not look like that so don't worry
smile.gif

check your layout is the same and try again see if it works
smile.gif

also make sure that you are running the M33 driver

press select in the PSP menu and change the driver to M33 in the VSH menu!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
nyeah? my directory looks nothing like that! hey if you could, copy it, remove the roms, saves & bios, zip it up and send it to me? oh and i've set the M33 driver btw. oh and is there eboots for mame, snes9x and Homers rin that arent corrupted. cau's im preety sure the gpSP case is about to be solved.
EDIT: I looked through some other topic and i found a link to another download. i dl'd it and it was called 'UO_gpSP_kai'. it said it was an unofficial gpSP. i put it on and it works! im playing mother 3 right now. anyway, im preety sure the NesterJ and gpSP cases have been closed now so now onto the next ones.
Homer's RIN -Unsolved
snes9X -Unsolved
MAME 4 All -Unsolved
NesterJ -SOLVED! -It just happened
gpSP -SOLVED! -Used Unofficial gpSP

help me out with the unsolved ones you guys!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
nyeah? my directory looks nothing like that! hey if you could, copy it, remove the roms, saves & bios, zip it up and send it to me? oh and i've set the M33 driver btw. oh and is there eboots for mame, snes9x and Homers rin that arent corrupted. cau's im preety sure the gpSP case is about to be solved.
EDIT: I looked through some other topic and i found a link to another download. i dl'd it and it was called 'UO_gpSP_kai'. it said it was an unofficial gpSP. i put it on and it works! im playing mother 3 right now. anyway, im preety sure the NesterJ and gpSP cases have been closed now so now onto the next ones.
Homer's RIN -Unsolved
snes9X -Unsolved
MAME 4 All -Unsolved
NesterJ -SOLVED! -It just happened
gpSP -SOLVED! -Used Unofficial gpSP

help me out with the unsolved ones you guys!

still going to suggest that its probably a folder within a folder issue!

my snes layout

snesmy8.jpg

try match it up the same
smile.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
my Directory:

F:/PSP/GAME/snes9xTYL
DATA
FAQS
PROFILES
ROMS
SAVES
EBOOT.PBP

so... it seems as though im missing quite a bit. can you remove your roms, saves and anything you need, zip it up and upload it somewhere?
EDIT: I redownloaded it from the homepage (i think)and even the H/Page didnt have the rest of the files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: