Getting homebrew to boot from NDS menu

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Deaddy, Aug 1, 2007.

Aug 1, 2007
  1. Deaddy
    OP

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    There was a post a couple months ago where someone patched Moonshell 1.6b4 so that it would show up in the G6 NDS menu and boot from there, so you didn't have to navigate through My Card. I was wondering how you do this, and if you can do it to any other homebrew. I can't find the original thread. I would be interested in making this work for the latest moonshell, and some homebrew games like cave story. If anyone can help me out that would be great, thanks.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    1. Apply the DLDI patch (if necessary) and copy any needed files to the G6 Lite.

2. If the homebrew comes in both .nds and .ds.gba versions, use the .ds.gba version and skip to step 4. If there is only a .nds file, go on to step 3.

3. If you have to use the "Add Header" option to run the homebrew from the "MyCard" menu, you'll need to add a loader to the .nds file. See methods 2 and 3 on this page: http://dev-scene.com/NDS/Converting_NDS_to_DS_GBA

4. Rename the file from .ds.gba to .nds (if applicable).

5. Use the U-Disk Manager to transfer the homebrew .nds file to the G6 Lite. Use the "Directly Copy" read method.

6. Optional: Delete the save files (.0 .1 & .2) created by the U-Disk Manager. They aren't needed for homebrew.

3. Deaddy
    OP

Canada
    I'll try this tonight, thanks a ton.

4. Deaddy
    OP

Canada
    Worked like a charm, now if I could only get homebrew to soft reset back to the G6 menu. Cave Story even had its own icon, cool.