Homebrew Getting Homebrew/FBI on CFW 2.1.0-4E

Donzi

OP
Trophies
Behind you, don't look at me, just feel me...
XP
Country
So I've just spent the last few hours trying to get FBI on my 3DS, I was following the tutorial and it all seemed okay until the tutorial lead to a part that required getting arm9loader which it looks like it isn't available anymore.
I'm on a custom firmware which means homebrew has completely stopped working as well as me not being able to boot the 3DS with the SD card in due to it crashing. I tried installing boot9strap but I cant seem to load luma from launch because of the crashing. I have all of the files sorted on my SD card so is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Budsterblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should try a ctr-transfer to 9.2.0 or even 11.2.0 as your firmware version is so old, b9s most likely doesn't support 2.1.0 anymore. Also, DO NOT UPDATE TO 11.4.0 as it makes b9s a ton harder to get.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've just spent the last few hours trying to get FBI on my 3DS, I was following the tutorial and it all seemed okay until the tutorial lead to a part that required getting arm9loader which it looks like it isn't available anymore.
I'm on a custom firmware which means homebrew has completely stopped working as well as me not being able to boot the 3DS with the SD card in due to it crashing. I tried installing boot9strap but I cant seem to load luma from launch because of the crashing. I have all of the files sorted on my SD card so is there anything I'm doing wrong?
You should have heeded the warning about finishing in progress hacking or waiting.

You should try a ctr-transfer to 9.2.0 or even 11.2.0 as your firmware version is so old, b9s most likely doesn't support 2.1.0 anymore. Also, DO NOT UPDATE TO 11.4.0 as it makes b9s a ton harder to get.
Lower firmware support is currently being worked on. It's not finished yet.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, there's a new release of SafeB9SInstaller (v0.0.6) that adds a 2xrsa entry point, which makes it possible to install Boot9Strap from 2.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1