Gaming Getting GoW Ghost of Sparta to work.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I jumped on the leaked bandwagon, but now I can't get it to work properly. Running from the memory stick, the intro skips so bad that I can't understand it, and getting the subtitles on is a pain while its skipping. When running through irShell (which improved loading speed for me with the first GoW on PSP), it freezes after new game difficulty is selected. I've tried that weird patch on the ISO, with the same results both ways. I've tried adjusting the clock speed through the firmware and irShell. Any ideas on what I could try? And instructions if any updating or modding is needed, please.

alo123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works as a cso but it lags a bit before major events or when fighting a lot of enemies
cut scenes work good as a cso no lag for me
Is the game patched with Prometheus ME631 and is speed set to 333 also try getting a clean
iso and patching it yourself with iso tool 1.81

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then try putting your psp to 333mhs , I think you can do that by pressing Select on the psp home menu
unsure.gif

For me it runs silky smooth
yaypsp.gif

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alo123 said:
It works as a cso but it lags a bit before major events or when fighting a lot of enemies
cut scenes work good as a cso no lag for me
Is the game patched with Prometheus ME631 and is speed set to 333 also try getting a clean
iso and patching it yourself with iso tool 1.81

So that explains my lagging. its a cso.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarcusRaven said:
I looked into V-6, but I couldn't figure out how to upgrade to it. Any help with that?

I did it like this from V-1,2,3,4,5, then 6 to be safe. It works perfectly for me.
smile.gif

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...okay. That doesn't help me. I've looked for files and can't find any. Filetrip listings for Prometheus are a bit confusing because of how many there are, and when I thought I have a v6 update it was a corrupt eboot. >.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarcusRaven said:
...okay. That doesn't help me. I've looked for files and can't find any. Filetrip listings for Prometheus are a bit confusing because of how many there are, and when I thought I have a v6 update it was a corrupt eboot. >.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Prome-2 for 5.50 Gen D3, and running GOW as an .ISO, and it works great for me. You might want to try downloading another version, I got mine as a .CSO, and then decompressed it with UMDGen.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
Try go back to 5.50 GEN-D3 again then Install Prome-V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, then V6. To get Prome versions.. Here:

This is Prometheus v1.. This site is a trustworthy:

http://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applications...prometheus.html

You can use this site to search for Prometheus v2, v3 and so on. Hope it helps.

So much misinformation in this post...Prometheus Modules =/= Prometheus firmware....

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so what is the latest Prometheus FIRMWARE, because I'm starting to think I accidentally dialed back.

I got it working to a playable condition from a different download (a US one), compressing to CSO, and running through irShell. (USB 2.0 loads faster than the memory stick.) Its far from perfect, but the cutscene only skips a little bit here and there, not like before. I can actually get to the gameplay now, and it seems to play alright.

I'm still wanting to get the Prometheus firmware up to date, because from the sounds of this thread I may be behind.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so how about showing me a reliable place to get it? I've read that Prometheus2 is NOT the same as Prometheus v2 (which is where I got confused originally). Also, what should my system screen display if the latest is installed. I need information and sources here.

EDIT: xist answered my issues in a PM. I got the game to be playable. I'm good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all