Getting GBC roms to work on G6 lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Prince Medion, Oct 1, 2006.

Oct 1, 2006
  1. Prince Medion
    OP

Newcomer Prince Medion Advanced Member

United States
    Tried just putting it on there but when I load the rom it says it was only made to work on a GBC system, the game is Pokemon Crystal btw if that helps with anything. I'm guessing I need an emulator so does anyone know a GBC emulator that runs on G6 lite?

2. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think the Goomba Color for the GBA is your best bet. It's not perfect, but pretty good and seems to be better than DS_GBC.

I was thinking the other day that it would be really cool if there was a passcard type device that had a built in GB/C emulator and allowed you to just plug a real Gameboy cartridge into the GBA slot and play it. I guess that would require a modification either to the slot or the cartridge, but it'd still be pretty cool.

...word is bondage...

3. IAmTheRad

Member IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Pokemon Crystal is not compatable with Goomba Color

4. Prince Medion
    OP

Newcomer Prince Medion Advanced Member

United States
    Aparently, I was able to get it working but the graphics get really screwed up by text screens making it nearly unplayable.

5. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Some games look screwed up. Some seem to look perfect. For example Zelda DX looks screwey but the two oracle games seem normal. I've had a problem loading a .sav file though, it won't load it. I haven't tried saving on the g6 cause I don't want to start my game over so I gave up.