Hacking Getting files ready for Nintendont

Yardley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, is there a way to automate the renaming of GameCube files to game.iso (along with changing the gcz extension to iso)? Right now my files are named as the actual game name with a gcz extension. I also wanted to ask if there’s a better way to download the artwork for GC games or is doing it through USB Loader GX the best way?

Yardley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just rename a GCZ file. You have to decompress it again with Dolphin.

Sorry I meant rename GCM files to ISO but I was doing some more reading and it seems I should be able to use GCM files without having to rename them to ISO?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USBLoaderGX is also compatible with the gcz extension.

game.gcz is listed without problem.
the only issue you could get is for multidisc games, I'm not sure if nintendont force "disc2.iso" or only replace the filename and keep the extension.

unless gcz are "zip" format, in that case I'm mistaking it with another file extension, and it's not a loader issue but just nintendont is not compatible with zip compressed iso.

edit: yeah, I think the compatible extension is gcm, not gcz. so the "z" is there for zipped format?

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found your Origamii program, it works great and did exactly what I needed. You should have mentioned it to me but thanks for making it.

No problem. It's kinda unstable but if I can find the source archive I might try to work on it again.

Yardley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. It's kinda unstable but if I can find the source archive I might try to work on it again.

I didn't have any problems with it except when pressing "scan" it would crash every time but I didn't need to press scan the only reason I was doing it was because I was trying to figure out how to use the program. It scanned everything automatically when opening the program with no issues and processes everything perfectly. It's a great program you should continue work on it.

Yardley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't have any problems with it except when pressing "scan" it would crash every time but I didn't need to press scan the only reason I was doing it was because I was trying to figure out how to use the program. It scanned everything automatically when opening the program with no issues and processes everything perfectly. It's a great program you should continue work on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs