Getting files from an iso. or the disc when burned

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BMasterP, Jul 7, 2009.

1. BMasterP
    OP

Member BMasterP GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hello, i want to extract files from a wii disc that i've dl'd. it's a emulator and rom disc for the gc and the wii. i'm only interested in a small portion of the roms itself, for use on a totaly different computer, so i would like to extract those files, either from the iso file i have atm or from the disc that i'm willing to burn for it. the problem that i have is that i thought when using wanins dvd ripper(or how the program is called) you'll end up with an iso, and i'll need the files instead of the iso(have that).
    is there a way to do this? couse i used search on the forum for over half an hour now but didn't come up with anything.

Used search terms:

Extracting iso
    extracting dvd

etc etc.

2. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Wiiscrubber and Wiibrowse could help you.

3. iceache

Member iceache GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    as far as I know, Windows cannot read GC/Wii ISO's if opened with an ISO extractor.

4. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If the disc is burned already, save yourself the effort and have your computer dump it. It's a lot faster that way. The only time you want to have a wii dump a game is if the game is on an official pressed disc.

In any case, I believe you need to have the iso to get individual files out. If you get the iso and use wiiscrubber, you will be able to extract files from it.