Getting EZF4 Lite Deluxe to fit flush?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by 4ppleseed, Jun 4, 2007.

Jun 4, 2007
  1. 4ppleseed
    OP

Member 4ppleseed GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    My EZF4 Lite Deluxe doesn't fit flush. Its about 2mm out =/
    I tried filling down the outside but realised it wasn't making any difference. I then opened up the unit and cut out some of the plastic moulding, still no change. It must be the actual PCB in the EZF4 that it obstructing a clean fit.

Is there any solution to this?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Wait, I don't get it. If you file the case down, it should make it fit flush..

3. xenon

Member xenon GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I thought the Deluxe was flush. Aren't you talking about the EZ IV Lite? Lite is the white one on the left, all the others are Deluxe (or Compact).

[​IMG]

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The Deluxe in known to be slightly less than flush, but I've never heard of one sticking out a full 2mm before. It's usually said that it sticks out less than 1mm.

I have an EZ-Flash 3-in-1, and it sticks out about 0.5mm. I compared it very closely to the dust cover, and detemined that the shell was not the issue; it's the same size or smaller than the dust cover in every dimension that matters. My conclusion is that the 3-in-1 PCB is probably sticking down too far, and preventing the cart from going in all the way. I'm guessing the same thing is happening with the EZ-4.

I don't really care about the tiny bit the 3-in-1 sticks out, so it's not worth it to me to risk breaking it to find out if sanding down the PCB will fix the problem.

5. 4ppleseed
    OP

Member 4ppleseed GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yep. 2mm! My one must be a really off one [​IMG]

I don't think its the PCB length but where some of the components are placed. They are too far down the PCB so hit the connector on the NDSL.

But just to be sure.... I don't mind breaking my EZ IV Lite too much - as I really don't like the firmware .... so I'm gonna try filling down the PCB and see if I can get it to fit flush.

6. Darkspark

Member Darkspark GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Mine is the same, doesn't fit flush, but you cant see the cartridge sticking out when holding it in a playing grip, so no big deal. Plus the plastic is no what Nintendo officially use. Its all yellowish.