Getting event items to Pokemon Emerald retail card

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by redfalcon, Aug 27, 2011.

1. redfalcon
    OP

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    So I finally got hold of a retail copy of Emerald. I plan to play it on my vacation, but want to get all those event tickets that are unobtainable by now. I usually just would dump my save, cheat the items into and copy it back to my card, but I read somewhere (here?) that this will render the internal clock unsable. Is that still true, or is there some possibility to bypass this problem?

2. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    The internal clock will be unusable for a while, but it will start working again if you don't play your game for a while.

When I restored my Ruby save file, the internal clock was badly messed up, but after not playing for over a year it was working again when I checked.

3. redfalcon
    OP

Germany
    Well yeah, but I want to play it in the next three weeks [​IMG] So thats not really an option

4. Ammako

Canada
    But does it really matter?

Play it in those next three weeks, then set it aside for a while.
    Or maybe it fixes itself even if you are playing it.

5. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
    Can't you go back to your room and reset the clock?

6. redfalcon
    OP

Germany
    I don't know if it matters, since I don't know what exactly will break. I remember my Ruby Edition suffered from the clock glitch, so all timed events were frozen and no berries grew anymore until I had it patched by Nintendo. If its the same if I alter my save, I rather pass on the event items.

7. Ammako

Canada
    It's different.
    What happened was that, for some reason, the game thought you had played for 9999 weeks and the time advanced really slowly (plus, daily events didn't happen)
    I had left my game alone for a while after finding out this had happened, and it fixed itself.